• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tramezza Gherardo - tiny heel slip

Leaveitothexperts

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
667
Reaction score
0
Just got the gherardo. I tried to match up the shoes against one another and the soles dont seem to match up near the inside widest part. Anyone check that the sole shape matches? The stitching seems to match up though.

Also I have a tiny heel slip on the right shoe. Anyone know an easy fix?
 

EL72

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
6,860
Reaction score
4
Just checked mine now (got them last week) and the soles match up fine. They do extend outward at the widest point a bit more than I expected (in a sorta spade sole kinda way) but it doesn't bother me.

My heel also slips a bit but I think it gets better with wear. Tongue pads will help but I simply put in some sponge rubber heel gripper thingies you buy for $2 and it's better.
 

Leaveitothexperts

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
667
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by EL72
Just checked mine now (got them last week) and the soles match up fine. They do extend outward at the widest point a bit more than I expected (in a sorta spade sole kinda way) but it doesn't bother me.

My heel also slips a bit but I think it gets better with wear. Tongue pads will help but I simply put in some sponge rubber heel gripper thingies you buy for $2 and it's better.


I'll try taking some pictures to show exactly what I mean.

What exactly is a tongue pad? Where do you get these (tongue pads and "sponge/rubber thingies")? At shoe shine/repair shops?
 

EL72

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
6,860
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
I'll try taking some pictures to show exactly what I mean.

What exactly is a tongue pad? Where do you get these (tongue pads and "sponge/rubber thingies")? At shoe shine/repair shops?


Tongue pads are made of felt or foam and stick to the inside of the tongue to make the shoe more snug. The heel pad works in a similar fashion but is rubbery and designed to prevent slippage. Available at many shoe stores, cobblers...
 

Leaveitothexperts

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
667
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by EL72
Tongue pads are made of felt or foam and stick to the inside of the tongue to make the shoe more snug. The heel pad works in a similar fashion but is rubbery and designed to prevent slippage. Available at many shoe stores, cobblers...

Thanks

Now I realize the first question was a dumb one to begin with . . .

Q: "what's a tire tube?"
A: "the rubber thingie that goes inside the tire . . . dumbo"
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 135 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 252 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 123 15.9%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 68 8.8%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.1%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 16 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 100+

    Votes: 48 6.2%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,730
Messages
9,223,449
Members
193,605
Latest member
MattNJ
Top