Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Training for aesthetics

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Gotham, Feb 20, 2010.

1. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Maybe it's different for girls, but I'm not at all impressed by guys who have great upper bodies and then legs that look like they belong to a malnourished 14-year-old dude.

HTF else are you going to pull off wearing slim jeans or trousers and show a 10/12 drop? Big shoulders/chest and small torso/skinny legs....

2. bigasahouse

bigasahouse Senior member

I'm a crossfitter - I think the combo of met-con and strength is pretty solid for that sculpted look, especially if your diet is good (Robb Wolf style Paleo for me). I prefer MEBB since I want to actually build strength, but a Crossfit Endurance style workout with main crossfit and 3 hours before/later endurance work would probably lean you out pretty fast and get that look.

I know that Rain trained with Gym Jones which is pretty similar to crossfit for Ninja Assassin. And some dude from Twilight is a crossfitter. Not sure what Christian Bale's training regimen was for American Psycho or any of the fitness model guys.

My friend's roommate was an Abercrombie model, but he just naturally looked like that.

I just looked at the Gym Jones website- I'd never heard of them before. That is very, very cool. Expensive too- the online membership is $500/year or $50/mo.

3. otter

otter Senior member

I'm a crossfitter - I think the combo of met-con and strength is pretty solid for that sculpted look, especially if your diet is good (Robb Wolf style Paleo for me). I prefer MEBB since I want to actually build strength, but a Crossfit Endurance style workout with main crossfit and 3 hours before/later endurance work would probably lean you out pretty fast and get that look.

I know that Rain trained with Gym Jones which is pretty similar to crossfit for Ninja Assassin. And some dude from Twilight is a crossfitter. Not sure what Christian Bale's training regimen was for American Psycho or any of the fitness model guys.

My friend's roommate was an Abercrombie model, but he just naturally looked like that.

this is such utter bullshit

what happens if you are short on squat,eh?

4. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

Train to be a massive bodybuilder, stop halfway.

5. whacked

whacked Senior member

HTF else are you going to pull off wearing slim jeans or trousers and show a 10/12 drop? Big shoulders/chest and small torso/skinny legs....

Plenty of folks squat/DL and still have huge drops; thigh and waist circumferences are not that correlated.

You do better on the skinny jeans part, but then they'd just look bad.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

crossfit enthusiasts are worse than vegans and scientologists.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

They almost all preface their Crossfit cocksucking praise with "I can't stand the cultish Crossfit members either, but *suck suck suck suck*."

8. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Plenty of folks squat/DL and still have huge drops; thigh and waist circumferences are not that correlated.

You do better on the skinny jeans part, but then they'd just look bad.

It would look bad/abnormal from a healthy, proportionate body aesthetics
    But then look at the fashion show runway models...big torso/skinny legs seem to be what fashion designers require

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

aesthetics :

[​IMG]

10. why

why Senior member

But then look at the fashion show runway models...big torso/skinny legs seem to be what fashion designers require

lolwut

11. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

They almost all preface their Crossfit cocksucking praise with "I can't stand the cultish Crossfit members either, but *suck suck suck suck*."

You seem to be getting a bit turned on, but whatever [​IMG]

Anyway, back to the point, just workout a lot, watch your diet, and if you have the genetics, you'll be there.

All I said about squat was that if the guy wasn't really interested in strength, but just looking bulked up, squat and deadlift were probably not as useful as spending time on pecs and biceps.

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

Ideal proportion for male models is ~ 40" chest and 30-32" waist, and only getting smaller. Hardly "big" by most standards.

13. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

^^ sorry, I misspoke: meant "big" in proportion to...

14. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Play a sport, it'll hopefully be more fulfilling than just trying to look good for the sake of looking good. One of my friends climbs competitively and he has the whole massive shoulders and chest, small waist, slim legs thing going on.

15. Asch

Asch Senior member

Train to be a massive bodybuilder, stop halfway.
    +1