• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trailer house in, the Poconos

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could it be a, good investment ? I wish to make some movement from, Astoria and collect, a large roll in, 3 years .

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
http://ca.realtor.com/

smile.gif

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

samblau

Reaction score
My parents escaped from NY to the Poconos about 5 years ago. My mother doesn't like it there...but the fact remains...the house they have would cost 10x as much back in my old town on Long Island.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblau
My parents escaped from NY to the Poconos about 5 years ago. My mother doesn't like it there...but the fact remains...the house they have would cost 10x as much back in my old town on Long Island.
Long Island is the worst place to live in the U.S. Highest property taxes in the country, oppressive population density, and guidos. So many guidos. I remember my dad coming home from work at night and often being frustrated. I used to hear snippets of conversation such as, "God damnit...Long Island Expressway..." The LIE is reason enough not to live on the Island. The accents are so horrendous. I am ever thankful that my childhood on Long Island did not impart upon me one of those accents.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Long Island is the worst place to live in the U.S. Highest property taxes in the country, oppressive population density, and guidos. So many guidos.

I remember my dad coming home from work at night and often being frustrated. I used to hear snippets of conversation such as, "God damnit...Long Island Expressway..." The LIE is reason enough not to live on the Island.

The accents are so horrendous. I am ever thankful that my childhood on Long Island did not impart upon me one of those accents.

I wouldn't call it the worst place to live, but it is pretty damn expensive. If my wife hadn't grown up on Long Island I would not have considered moving there. Where I live there are thankfully not too many guidos.

As for the LIE, there is not much I can say except it shouldn't be a surprise that there is a **** ton of traffic during rush hour. They don't call it the world's longest parking lot for nothing. The railroad is the only way to travel during rush hour.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing the NYC transplants in the Poconos is hilarious. They don't 'blend' very well...

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny
I wouldn't call it the worst place to live, but it is pretty damn expensive. If my wife hadn't grown up on Long Island I would not have considered moving there. Where I live there are thankfully not too many guidos. As for the LIE, there is not much I can say except it shouldn't be a surprise that there is a **** ton of traffic during rush hour. They don't call it the world's longest parking lot for nothing. The railroad is the only way to travel during rush hour.
Are you in Nassau? I understand it was the first county to fall to the Guido Invasion. Some reports indicate that Suffolk is holding out valiantly against the horde, but they have infiltrated certain parts (Sag Harbor has been sacked I hear). I have hope for the North Fork, and especially the Hamptons. I don't think the old money will let the invaders have their way. After all, most guidos are Catholic...the WASPs of East Hampton won't allow the enemy to succeed.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Are you in Nassau? I understand it was the first county to fall to the Guido Invasion. Some reports indicate that Suffolk is holding out valiantly against the horde, but they have infiltrated certain parts (Sag Harbor has been sacked I hear).

I have hope for the North Fork, and especially the Hamptons. I don't think the old money will let the invaders have their way. After all, most guidos are Catholic...the WASPs of East Hampton won't allow the enemy to succeed.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I am in Suffolk County, but right near the Nassau/Suffolk County border. The bigger difference is I am on the North Shore rather than the South Shore. The guidos don't seem to like trees and hills so the stay on the South Shore where the land is flat and the landscape is relatively uninterrupted by those pesky trees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads