• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traffic Violation Question

eztantz

Reaction score
Got a ticket tonight in NYC making an illegal turn.
ffffuuuu.gif
Does anyone know how it works with an out of state license - will the points transfer to my NJ drivers license? If they do I am phucked!!!

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to this page ,you may get two points on your NJ record. If you are approaching a license suspension threshold you may want to speak to an attorney who specializes in traffic tickets.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fight the ticket and hope the cop doesn't show

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I am about to say is not legal advice. it is purely for informational purposes and is based on hypothetical facts. You should consult an attorney familiar with your particular facts and circumstances who can provide specific advice regarding your particular situation.

Having said that, what happens when someone is convicted in another state, say NY, is that the court in NY sends a record of the judgment of conviction to the MVC in NJ. If the MVC feels that there is an NJ violation that is similar enough to the violation in NY, they can give the person the number of points that the similar NJ violation would carry.

So, for example, say the person was convicted of Careless Driving in NY. In NJ, careless driving carries 2 points, so the MVC could (but doesn't have to) give the person 2 points on their NJ license.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread resurrection, but what if I didn't actually make an illegal turn, but the nyc cop gave me the ticket anyway? I merged first but he wasn't it a vantage position to see that. Will this be an easy fight when they check the cameras? What if the camera didn't record or something?

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thread resurrection, but what if I didn't actually make an illegal turn, but the nyc cop gave me the ticket anyway? I merged first but he wasn't it a vantage position to see that. Will this be an easy fight when they check the cameras? What if the camera didn't record or something?

They've already deleted the video. You're guilty until proven innocent. Remember that next time you judge some other poor asshole charged with a crime.

enyibasr

Reaction score
Remember that next time you judge some other poor asshole charged with a crime.
29.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads