• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traffic jams!

marc37

Reaction score
What is the worst? How long did it take. Tell us about the traffic.

vero_group

Reaction score
Manila, Philippines. I sat in a left turn lane for 1 1/2 hours.

marc37

Reaction score
l was stuck in traffic on a 110 degree day with no airconditioning with the sun streaming down on me. l moved 300 yards in two hours on Punt road. lt really sucked.

Traffic is my pet h8. lt sucks.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a serious topic?

Ok, the worst is in LA. Just go on the 405 around rush hour and you'll see what I mean.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
And the thing with the 405 is it's almost always rush hour. Maybe 4-6 hours a day when it isn't, andd that's on a 24 hour clock...

I've been stuck in a couple of "sig alerts" out here in CA, where they shut the freeway down for 2 hours or more.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Coachella Music Festival 2004 in Indio, CA. Took me 2.5 hours to find my car, 2 hours to get out of the parking lot, then another hour to get onto the freeway.

Finding my car was absolutely hellish. There were 3 lots that spanned a mile by a quarter mile (estimates), and I didnt know which lot it was in, and each lot was packed end to end with cars. All this conjoined with my current physical condition - tired (it was 2am), exhausted (front row, all day.. that was 7 or 8 hours of holding onto the guard gate), heat-stricken and thirsty (it was 90 degrees even at this time of night), psychologically discouraged, and very allergic (all the cars moving around kicked up loads of dust in the air, making it practically unbreathable).

marc37

Reaction score
You have my full sympathy Brian.

Ray-Z

Reaction score
Coachella Music Festival 2004 in Indio, CA. Took me 2.5 hours to find my car, 2 hours to get out of the parking lot, then another hour to get onto the freeway.

Finding my car was absolutely hellish. There were 3 lots that spanned a mile by a quarter mile (estimates), and I didnt know which lot it was in, and each lot was packed end to end with cars. All this conjoined with my current physical condition - tired (it was 2am), exhausted (front row, all day.. that was 7 or 8 hours of holding onto the guard gate), heat-stricken and thirsty (it was 90 degrees even at this time of night), psychologically discouraged,  and very allergic (all the cars moving around kicked up loads of dust in the air, making it practically unbreathable).
Woah. Was the concert worth it at least?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My worst traffic experience was a couple years ago, on a sunday morning nonetheless, I was going up to LA from Orange County, on the 605, and some semi jackknifed across all four lanes of the highway, traffic was backed up for about 20 miles. The problem was that there were so many cars it was almost impossible to get off the freeway, and once I actually did get off the freeway (about 90 minutes later) and got on lakewood blvd, it was shut down also, because some old truck from mexico carrying live chickens tipped over... argh. I ended up getting there about 4 hours after I left. I could have gotten to vegas by then
smile.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
(Brian SD @ 07 Sep. 2004, 10:06) Coachella Music Festival 2004 in Indio, CA. Took me 2.5 hours to find my car, 2 hours to get out of the parking lot, then another hour to get onto the freeway. Finding my car was absolutely hellish. There were 3 lots that spanned a mile by a quarter mile (estimates), and I didnt know which lot it was in, and each lot was packed end to end with cars. All this conjoined with my current physical condition - tired (it was 2am), exhausted (front row, all day.. that was 7 or 8 hours of holding onto the guard gate), heat-stricken and thirsty (it was 90 degrees even at this time of night), psychologically discouraged, and very allergic (all the cars moving around kicked up loads of dust in the air, making it practically unbreathable).
Woah. Was the concert worth it at least?
Heiroglyphics, Sparta, The International Noise Conspiracy, The Pixies, and Radiohead all from the front row. To answer your question bluntly: Hell Yes.

marc37

Reaction score
Heiroglyphics, Sparta, The International Noise Conspiracy, The Pixies, and Radiohead all from the front row. To answer your question bluntly: Hell Yes.
l hope you had bruises to show after being in the front row, i.e: bruised stomach and arms. Mosh Pits are not proper mosh pits if you come out unscathed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads