• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traditional men's Balmoral ankle boot

Haemus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Avebury
I'm aware of most of the options. For me it's a case of getting the right boot. Trickers online store? That at least is new to me. The only result I can find for Trickers is Trickers.com. You can't purchase shoes online there. Pretty awful website. That's something they need to work on. Could you possibly pass on the link to the Trickers online store? Much appreciated.

Completely agree Trickers.com to be nearly useless.
Indeed, I meant factory shop which appears only on ebay. In case you are interested:
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/retricker1...:X:RTQ:GB:1181
You may ask for David, very pleasant and helpful gentleman.
Balmoral boot by Tricker's mentioned:

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Troll.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Haemus
I beg your pardon.

Not you. The implausibly clueless and stubborn OP.

Avebury

Reaction score
I may look into the Church's "Brugges" on the 73 last. Alas, Church's don't make shoes or boots on this last anymore. The 100 last is pretty good though. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

As might have gathered, I have pretty much explored all the available options. I'll keep an eye open, but I doubt if the right boot will appear. I guess I'm on the road to going bespoke. It makes sense considering the amount paid for an Edward Green + re-soling, wear and tear.

Avebury

Reaction score
Ah, missed the message. I'll check out the Trickers e-bay shop. Many thanks for the link.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Haemus
Indeed, I meant factory shop which appears only on ebay. ...

Funny how they got it right with the eBay factory shop and completely wrong with the "official" site, which should be the main online resource ...

Avebury

Reaction score
All credit to them for seling their shoes this way. However, it does seem to tarnish the brass somewhat. What with established businesses now going to the wall, one must fight it out. Loake recently overhauled their website - and put the price of their shoes up. Now comparable with Barker, who are superior in quality. Trickers do some natty shoes - so a bit of creativity need at the website end too. Extremes: very old fashioned, very traditional but also quite way out. You may have seem some of the muti-coloured numbers. Perhaps the electric blue cordovan brogues on e-bay. Cowboys boots next, kinky boots. Whatever next!

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
I'm aware of most of the options. For me it's a case of getting the right boot. Trickers online store? That at least is new to me. The only result I can find for Trickers is Trickers.com. You can't purchase shoes online there. Pretty awful website. That's something they need to work on. Could you possibly pass on the link to the Trickers online store? Much appreciated.

Indeed, I meant factory shop which appears only on ebay. In case you are interested:
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/retricker1...:X:RTQ:GB:1181
You may ask for David, very pleasant and helpful gentleman.
Balmoral boot by Tricker's mentioned:

hi i know its been a long time since this post but do you have any information on the Tricker's Balmoral Boots in the post?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads