• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trade? Crockett and Jones Weymouth 9UK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of C&J Weymouth's (Black, size 9 UK) that are just beautiful but regretably a touch too big. I have worn them about 6 times with extra insoles.

They are in excellent but used condition and have C&J shoes trees.

I am wondering if, by some lucky fluke of the universe, someone has a pair of shoes of a similar ilk in an 8.5UK that are a tad too small.

If so, wanna trade?

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
I have a pair of C&J Weymouth's (Black, size 9 UK) that are just beautiful but regretably a touch too big. I have worn them about 6 times with extra insoles.

They are in excellent but used condition and have C&J shoes trees.

I am wondering if, by some lucky fluke of the universe, someone has a pair of shoes of a similar ilk in an 8.5UK that are a tad too small.

If so, wanna trade?

Do you know how you fit in EG? Say, a black Mackay in 9/9.5D in 888? I know it's smaller than 9E 337s (it's slightly narrower overall, tighter near the toes and shorter). Let me know if that sounds at all intriguing, and we can exchange pictures, perhaps?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a few requests for photos. Please PM me if you are interested or would like additional pictures.

Thanks.

Earthmover

Reaction score
I wanted to say that I made the trade with Alter and I couldn't be happier with my shoes. So thanks very much, Alter, for offering up the suggestion.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earthmover
I wanted to say that I made the trade with Alter and I couldn't be happier with my shoes. So thanks very much, Alter, for offering up the suggestion.

I guess fit is important since you are happy giving up a "better" shoes.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
I guess fit is important since you are happy giving up a "better" shoes.

Yes, painful feet is no happy feet at all. And to be fair, my shoes definitely had more wear and tear; I actually think I came out ahead. But I think it was happily resolved for both in any case, which is always the ideal.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earthmover
I actually think I came out ahead.

Well, if you really feel you came out ahead then you owe me a beer the next time I am in NYC
tounge.gif

Actually, I am equally pleased with the trade. The Weymouths are lovely but a pair of shoes that just sit unworn on a shelf are a waste. The Mackays fit me perfectly and are already in the regular rotation.

Earthmover and I both end up with happy and well-shod feet.

An SF fairytale ending
smile.gif

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Well, if you really feel you came out ahead then you owe me a beer the next time I am in NYC
tounge.gif

Actually, I am equally pleased with the trade. The Weymouths are lovely but a pair of shoes that just sit unworn on a shelf are a waste. The Mackays fit me perfectly and are already in the regular rotation.

Earthmover and I both end up with happy and well-shod feet.

An SF fairytale ending
smile.gif

I'd be happy to get a beer for you as long as it's Guinness. Or may be Stella.

I love happy endings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads