1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Trade? Crockett and Jones Weymouth 9UK

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Alter, May 19, 2006.

1. Alter

Alter Senior member

I have a pair of C&J Weymouth's (Black, size 9 UK) that are just beautiful but regretably a touch too big. I have worn them about 6 times with extra insoles.

They are in excellent but used condition and have C&J shoes trees.

I am wondering if, by some lucky fluke of the universe, someone has a pair of shoes of a similar ilk in an 8.5UK that are a tad too small.

If so, wanna trade?

2. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

I have a pair of C&J Weymouth's (Black, size 9 UK) that are just beautiful but regretably a touch too big. I have worn them about 6 times with extra insoles.

They are in excellent but used condition and have C&J shoes trees.

I am wondering if, by some lucky fluke of the universe, someone has a pair of shoes of a similar ilk in an 8.5UK that are a tad too small.

If so, wanna trade?

Do you know how you fit in EG? Say, a black Mackay in 9/9.5D in 888? I know it's smaller than 9E 337s (it's slightly narrower overall, tighter near the toes and shorter). Let me know if that sounds at all intriguing, and we can exchange pictures, perhaps?

3. Alter

Alter Senior member

I had a few requests for photos. Please PM me if you are interested or would like additional pictures.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

I wanted to say that I made the trade with Alter and I couldn't be happier with my shoes. So thanks very much, Alter, for offering up the suggestion.

5. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I wanted to say that I made the trade with Alter and I couldn't be happier with my shoes. So thanks very much, Alter, for offering up the suggestion.

I guess fit is important since you are happy giving up a "better" shoes.

6. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

I guess fit is important since you are happy giving up a "better" shoes.

Yes, painful feet is no happy feet at all. And to be fair, my shoes definitely had more wear and tear; I actually think I came out ahead. But I think it was happily resolved for both in any case, which is always the ideal.

7. Alter

Alter Senior member

I actually think I came out ahead.

Well, if you really feel you came out ahead then you owe me a beer the next time I am in NYC [​IMG]

Actually, I am equally pleased with the trade. The Weymouths are lovely but a pair of shoes that just sit unworn on a shelf are a waste. The Mackays fit me perfectly and are already in the regular rotation.

Earthmover and I both end up with happy and well-shod feet.

An SF fairytale ending [​IMG]

8. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

Well, if you really feel you came out ahead then you owe me a beer the next time I am in NYC [​IMG]

Actually, I am equally pleased with the trade. The Weymouths are lovely but a pair of shoes that just sit unworn on a shelf are a waste. The Mackays fit me perfectly and are already in the regular rotation.

Earthmover and I both end up with happy and well-shod feet.

An SF fairytale ending [​IMG]

I'd be happy to get a beer for you as long as it's Guinness. Or may be Stella.

I love happy endings.