1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Trad Role Model

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drax, Oct 6, 2006.

1. drax

drax Well-Known Member

For trads everywhere, a role model for our advancing years
    Rowley Barkin QC, From the seminal BBC Fast Show
    Enjoy!

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

That's very amusing. Im sure even those who fancy themselves Trads would think so. I would say there are some role models still for the Trad.

If you want to read about a real life one along with the comic one:

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/trad-star

3. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

I've always pictured this gentleman as the consummate trad role model.

[​IMG]

4. fruitymetcalfe

fruitymetcalfe New Member

I always enjoyed Rowley B. when the Fast Show was on tv and the country squire character (the one who was in love with his gardener, remember?) always sported a nice line in tweeds.

The thing I have searched the internet for without success is a videoclip (or several) of the Paperchase. Anyone remember this US series from the 1970s about a group of law students? The professor was trad incarnate... I think there is a DVD, but it's in a format that isn't compatible with the UK, sadly.

F.

5. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

I always enjoyed Rowley B. when the Fast Show was on tv and the country squire character (the one who was in love with his gardener, remember?) always sported a nice line in tweeds.

The thing I have searched the internet for without success is a videoclip (or several) of the Paperchase. Anyone remember this US series from the 1970s about a group of law students? The professor was trad incarnate... I think there is a DVD, but it's in a format that isn't compatible with the UK, sadly.

F.

That was John Houseman. "You come here with a mind full of mush, and you leave thinking like lawyers." The show was one of the primary reasons I went to law school.

6. ted

ted Senior member

That's very amusing. Im sure even those who fancy themselves Trads would think so. I would say there are some role models still for the Trad.

If you want to read about a real life one along with the comic one:

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/trad-star

Yeah right...you can also read some of the most anti-trad threads available on the internet. Trads may often be dismissed on this forum, everyone has their own opinion and that's fine, but go there if you want the hard-core ridicule.