1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trad(ish) Penny loafer help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gusgusterson, Jun 15, 2006.

1. gusgusterson

gusgusterson Senior Member

Hello,
    I'm searching for a dark brown leather fairly traditional penny loafer, but with a very sight heel, measuring aroung 1/2" or less. I'm fond of the pointed toe Prada version, but prefer a lower heel. Could anyone point me in that direction? Thank you in advance!!

2. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Distinguished Member

A 1/2 inch would be like a Topsider height.

The only thing that I know that might come close to that low a heel would be a driver which has essentially no heel. Polo/Lauren has some, widely available at Saks Off Fifth.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

I have a Tod's with that low heel height.

4. Leslierc

Leslierc Senior Member

Hello,
    I'm searching for a dark brown leather fairly traditional penny loafer, but with a very sight heel, measuring aroung 1/2" or less. I'm fond of the pointed toe Prada version, but prefer a lower heel. Could anyone point me in that direction? Thank you in advance!!

Sounds like a Tods loafer I found and purchased at Neiman Marcus last year.

5. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Distinguished Member

"Checks Republic". Ha. Just noticed that - is it new?

Yes. I did it to goad my friend Bob, who was exploding at the US loss to me in the World Cup.

He tried to strangle me with his bare hands, but I countered with a Moe-Curly poke to the eyes.

Thereafter, I must "represent" for the homeland, as the kids say today.

6. gusgusterson

gusgusterson Senior Member

Thank you all for your help! I hadn't considered Tod's or Zegna, but will see what's left of their spring inventory.