• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Track jackets

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I saw some nice looking track jackets from Blue Marlin at Loehman's last night - designs were USSR, NYC, Harlem, Italia, etc.

Was wondering if this look is still popular or played out?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
dunno if it's still "hip" but i love my track jackets and they will always be a part of my wardrobe staple

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still dig track jackets - dunno about the Blue Marlins, though. They tend to be 100% cotton and kind of misshapen - and not really resemble the genuine article, if you're into that. The Loehmann's in Towson, MD has some sweet Fred Perrys, and some nice thin cotton James Perse shirts with zip and tracky-ish collar. Very nice. Maybe some of that stock filtered in to your local store. For repro-type jackets, try the adidas.com originals store. Some cool stuff there, lil more expensive that the Loehmann's stock. Epaulets.
c583957099312pd.jpg

sam

Reaction score
Vintage track jackets are cool only if they're actually vintage. The Blue Marlin stuff looks way too tacky for me to recommend it.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage track jackets are cool only if they're actually vintage. The Blue Marlin stuff looks way too tacky for me to recommend it.
Plus a lot their stuff is just plain stupid. They had some Ts on Bluefly a while back that were made to look up like vintage Ts. They had some with the Puerto Rican Winter Baseball League made up in Spanish. The Spanish was all gramatically wrong and they had a name for the league that it was never known by. Totally innacurate and just dumb, if you ask me.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Track jackets have seen hipper days to be sure, but still, it's a decent look for casual wear. Adidas makes some track jackets that are a little more trad than the Blue Marlin stuff. That's what I'd get right now if I was in the market for one.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The Loehmann's in Towson, MD has some sweet Fred Perrys, and some nice thin cotton James Perse shirts with zip and tracky-ish collar. Very nice. Maybe some of that stock filtered in to your local store.
Our Loehman's tends to have a very limited supply of men clothing. I'd like to check out some of their other stores someday as I'm always hearing good things about them from you guys
biggrin.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Loehmann's is really hit or miss but on a good day i found a Fred Perry navy/red track jacket for $30, black with red/white trim Fred Perry vneck jumper for $25, FP polo shirts in actual good color schemes for $30. it's worth checking a couple times per month to see what's new

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is the most awesome jacket I've seen in a long time. Maybe not exactly a track jacket as Walter Rohrl is apparently an auto racer. I would so buy this if I could, but it looks like no one is selling them online. Stupid Adidas Flash site. I had to take a screenshot to bring you guys this. It can be accessed here: http://www.adidas.com/campaig....ts'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads