1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Track jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Bradford, May 20, 2005.

1. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I saw some nice looking track jackets from Blue Marlin at Loehman's last night - designs were USSR, NYC, Harlem, Italia, etc.

Was wondering if this look is still popular or played out?

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

dunno if it's still "hip" but i love my track jackets and they will always be a part of my wardrobe staple

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I still dig track jackets - dunno about the Blue Marlins, though. They tend to be 100% cotton and kind of misshapen - and not really resemble the genuine article, if you're into that. The Loehmann's in Towson, MD has some sweet Fred Perrys, and some nice thin cotton James Perse shirts with zip and tracky-ish collar. Very nice. Maybe some of that stock filtered in to your local store. For repro-type jackets, try the adidas.com originals store. Some cool stuff there, lil more expensive that the Loehmann's stock. Epaulets. [​IMG]

4. sam

sam Senior member

Vintage track jackets are cool only if they're actually vintage. The Blue Marlin stuff looks way too tacky for me to recommend it.

5. Stu

Stu Senior member

Plus a lot their stuff is just plain stupid. They had some Ts on Bluefly a while back that were made to look up like vintage Ts. They had some with the Puerto Rican Winter Baseball League made up in Spanish. The Spanish was all gramatically wrong and they had a name for the league that it was never known by. Totally innacurate and just dumb, if you ask me.

6. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

Track jackets have seen hipper days to be sure, but still, it's a decent look for casual wear. Adidas makes some track jackets that are a little more trad than the Blue Marlin stuff. That's what I'd get right now if I was in the market for one.

7. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Our Loehman's tends to have a very limited supply of men clothing. I'd like to check out some of their other stores someday as I'm always hearing good things about them from you guys [​IMG]

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Loehmann's is really hit or miss but on a good day i found a Fred Perry navy/red track jacket for $30, black with red/white trim Fred Perry vneck jumper for $25, FP polo shirts in actual good color schemes for $30. it's worth checking a couple times per month to see what's new

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is the most awesome jacket I've seen in a long time. Maybe not exactly a track jacket as Walter Rohrl is apparently an auto racer. I would so buy this if I could, but it looks like no one is selling them online. [​IMG] Stupid Adidas Flash site. I had to take a screenshot to bring you guys this. It can be accessed here: http://www.adidas.com/campaig....ts'