• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toyota in NASCAR, racing for the USA!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it sort of strange that Toyota's first enty into the 2007 NASCAR racing season will be the only car in the race assembled by unionized American workers on American soil? Its going up against the Ford Fusion, which is assembled in Mexico. The Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Canada, and the Dodge Charger, also assembled in Canada. Any thoughts, opinions, or insights from the heartland?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dont know what they're doing in our sport, they did bomb pearl harbor you know.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
True, but we were very sorry about that afterwards.

If I haven't said it here before, I'll do so now:
I'm sorry for bombing Pearl Harbor. It was a ****** thing to do. I'm sorry for almost bombing the Panama Canal too, so that the Atlantic fleet couldn't make it over in time to stop our invasion of California. We built these sweet submarines that contained three pretty decent quick strike disposable aircraft, that could surface, open up, and launch planes, bomb the canal, crash into any large targets, all while the launch platform sub was diving and disappearing. That was wrong of us. Sincerely, we apologize. would you like to buy a nice car?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A simple 'me so solly' would have sufficed.

UMass

Reaction score
Toyota's wholly onwned assembly plants in the US are not unionized.
NUMMI assembly(Matrix/Vibe) is union, JV with GM/

The only unionized wholly owned Japanese assembly plant is Mitsubishi's Normal, IL facility thanks to Chrysler.

Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Subaru all have non union plants which any one can go apply for a job and actually be hired.

Unionized GM, Ford, and Chrysler has not and can not hire any non union people and have a backlog of labor.

So, whom is really helping out the american worker?

The Japanese plants are actually providing jobs while the GM, Ford, and Chrysler are actually outsourcing jobs.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Time for a Japanese beer sponsorship.

Sounds good. After all, wasn't Budweiser the official beer of the World Cup in Germany?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote for Kiuchi brewery! The owl logo would look great on a Camry shell,lol.

P.s. excellent ales and I am not talking run of the mill pilsner like Asahi et.c.

Kaga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
A simple 'me so solly' would have sufficed.

Originally Posted by designprofessor
Time for a Japanese beer sponsorship.

If my memory serves me correctly, approximately ten years ago Kirin Lager ran an ad campaign in the Occident featuring a Japanese character who spoke in "heaviry accented Engrish", including many references to "rucky Kirin rager."

I personally am all for the Toyota company's participation in this race. My first car was a Toyota 2000 roadster, as seen in You Only Live Twice.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaga
If my memory serves me correctly, approximately ten years ago Kirin Lager ran an ad campaign in the Occident featuring a Japanese character who spoke in "heaviry accented Engrish", including many references to "rucky Kirin rager."

I personally am all for the Toyota company's participation in this race. My first car was a Toyota 2000 roadster, as seen in You Only Live Twice.

M-m-m-m- Toyota 2000

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaga

Kaga-san you lucky bastard. I can only dream of driving such a fine car as the 2000GT *Drools* Very advanced for its time.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
True, but we were very sorry about that afterwards.

If I haven't said it here before, I'll do so now:
I'm sorry for bombing Pearl Harbor. It was a ****** thing to do. I'm sorry for almost bombing the Panama Canal too, so that the Atlantic fleet couldn't make it over in time to stop our invasion of California. We built these sweet submarines that contained three pretty decent quick strike disposable aircraft, that could surface, open up, and launch planes, bomb the canal, crash into any large targets, all while the launch platform sub was diving and disappearing. That was wrong of us. Sincerely, we apologize. would you like to buy a nice car?

Please let me say sorry to all of the Japanese-Americans for baka Hakujin putting your families in "Super Happy Fun Time Concentration Camps" dispite them being true citizens or several generations American.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Please let me say sorry to all of the Japanese-Americans for baka Hakujin putting your families in "Super Happy Fun Time Concentration Camps" dispite them being true citizens or several generations American.

Oh, its ok, It taught us how to "concentrate"! Now we are all good at math!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics