• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toyo Enterprise Thread - Modern Vintage and Reproduction of Heritage (Buzz Rickson's, Sugar Cane, Sun Surf, Whitesville, Tailor Toyo, and More)

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the fit today on Instagram! Looking good. You're the Buzzest Rickstonest of us.

I have the same sweatshit as you do but I think I sized up. My tag reads 42-44, and while I'm nowhere tiny it seems to fit longer in the body and sleeves as well as wider than yours. Wearing it right now!

:)

It's a great sweatshirt. I have one from The Real McCoy's as well and prefer the details on this.

RuffyD

Reaction score
Will the Buzz Rickson sweatshirts be too short for someone who is 6"3? The measurements online for XXL is around 25.6' (front collar to hem) make it seem really short. Also interested in whitesville if anyone has experience with them

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the Buzz Rickson sweatshirts be too short for someone who is 6"3? The measurements online for XXL is around 25.6' (front collar to hem) make it seem really short. Also interested in whitesville if anyone has experience with them

Those measurements make sense to me. While admittedly short, I wouldn't call it too short if you like me wear mostly high waisted pants.

It's a great sweatshirt. I have one from The Real McCoy's as well and prefer the details on this.

I know this is the Buzz Rickson's thread, but consider checking out The Strike Gold. I think I love my Strike Gold hoodie more than my BR sweatshirt. Just know that they will shrink down a full size, unless you get the indigo dyed version which is supposedly already fully shrunk.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those measurements make sense to me. While admittedly short, I wouldn't call it too short if you like me wear mostly high waisted pants.

I know this is the Buzz Rickson's thread, but consider checking out The Strike Gold. I think I love my Strike Gold hoodie more than my BR sweatshirt. Just know that they will shrink down a full size, unless you get the indigo dyed version which is supposedly already fully shrunk.

I've got the indigo dyed version :)

Tumblr_l_788200338600887.jpg

Nbarbar

Reaction score
I just bought the XXL after spending far too many hours in the vortex of loopwheeler videos. I'm 6'3 and 85KG. It fits perfectly.

One note, the arms are tight and I don't think it would be ideal if you spend a ton of time in the gym. So for someone who spends too long researching sweatshirts vs. living in the real world, its perfect!

RuffyD

Reaction score
awesome! Thinking about ordering from Rodeo Japan, anyone order from them before?

I just bought the XXL after spending far too many hours in the vortex of loopwheeler videos. I'm 6'3 and 85KG. It fits perfectly.

One note, the arms are tight and I don't think it would be ideal if you spend a ton of time in the gym. So for someone who spends too long researching sweatshirts vs. living in the real world, its perfect!

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered from them. Shipping to Canada was a bit slow but that's about it.

RuffyD

Reaction score
Thanks! Gonna give them a try since free shipping makes it a bit cheaper than ordering from Rakuten or other shops

Buffon.bj

Reaction score

As a 190cm or 6 feet 3 inches tall and 90kg/200lb, so I thought I could chime in. Here's a (bad quality) pic of me wearing the Buzz Ricksons sweatshirt in size L with Buzz Ricksons 1945 chinos. If anything, I would like the sweatshirt to be shorter or have a tighter waistband, as now I have to sort of cuff the waist once for it to be on the height I'd wish for. Still, it's the shortest nice-fitting sweatshirt I've found yet, so I suppose it will have to do.

Attachments

• IMG_20210119_091328__01.jpg
    IMG_20210119_091328__01.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 237

RuffyD

Reaction score
Thanks! This is really helpful! I'm surprised the L fits so well on you, the measurements on the website make it seem so tiny

As a 190cm or 6 feet 3 inches tall and 90kg/200lb, so I thought I could chime in. Here's a (bad quality) pic of me wearing the Buzz Ricksons sweatshirt in size L with Buzz Ricksons 1945 chinos. If anything, I would like the sweatshirt to be shorter or have a tighter waistband, as now I have to sort of cuff the waist once for it to be on the height I'd wish for. Still, it's the shortest nice-fitting sweatshirt I've found yet, so I suppose it will have to do.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Thanks! This is really helpful! I'm surprised the L fits so well on you, the measurements on the website make it seem so tiny
No problem! :) I wouldn't really trust measurements too much on such a soft loopwheeled garment like this, as I've found that the sweatshirt stretches especially in width. Right now, having used it a few times after the last wash, the armpit to armpit measurement is 61cm, while the length hasn't changed and is still 62cm. My chest circumference is around 112cm and there's more than ample range of motion in the sweatshirt for all sports and activities.

kaizerpi

Reaction score
4E7F19E5-0E38-442C-9E11-E7E39EC42E6F.jpeg

Real McCoy’s loopwheeled sweatshirt
3sixteen denim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics