• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Toyo Enterprise Thread - Modern Vintage and Reproduction of Heritage (Buzz Rickson's, Sugar Cane, Sun Surf, Whitesville, Tailor Toyo, and More)

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought the William Gibson L-2B with the Black Friday discount code at Self Edge! Can't wait!
This arrived in super quick time and is really well made - standard for BR, I guess. It's perfect for when leather jackets are too heavy. I can't wait to wear it properly.

A big thanks to @kiya for his quick responses to my questions!

Here's a quick fit pic:
20201205_173249-01.jpeg

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm loving the Gibson L-2B jacket. I wear it a lot these days. The lack of a lining is great for our climate here. It feels like the perfect alternative to a leather jacket.
Reading this thread again got me excited and I picked up a black Buzz sweatshirt which should be arriving today.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you guys ordering Buzz from their Europe site? https://www.buzzricksons.com/ or is there a better option?
I got my sweatshirt from a local place:

Nbarbar

Reaction score
I got my sweatshirt from a local place:
Thanks Gary. Didn’t know these guys, makes me miss Melbourne.

XWT

Reaction score
@Gerry Nelson Can you tell me your experience with Buzz Rickson's outerwear sizing? I have a 42 workshirt I love, but I'm positive I'd fit in a 40. Most of my sportcoats are 40 and most of my alpha size outerwear is M, except for the MiJ stuff.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Gerry Nelson Can you tell me your experience with Buzz Rickson's outerwear sizing? I have a 42 workshirt I love, but I'm positive I'd fit in a 40. Most of my sportcoats are 40 and most of my alpha size outerwear is M, except for the MiJ stuff.
It seems to correspond with western sizing and that's how I've gone. I haven't gone up a size like I would with other Japanese stuff.

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Reaction score
Saw the fit today on Instagram! Looking good. You're the Buzzest Rickstonest of us.

I have the same sweatshit as you do but I think I sized up. My tag reads 42-44, and while I'm nowhere tiny it seems to fit longer in the body and sleeves as well as wider than yours. Wearing it right now!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.