• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tourist Map of California

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I remember spending some good times in this area in los angeles called "south central(?)" years ago... a very well-mannered and friendly populace, plus lots of interesting activities everywhere in the area.

They're big into fashion there too, so in the winter wear all blue, and in the summer all red.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Maybe because there a trillion things to do within a 2 hour radius of downtown Los Angeles.

Within two hours of Los Angeles, you have San Diego, AN ENTIRE CITY UNTO ITSELF, you have Santa Barbara AN ENTIRE CITY UNTO ITSELF, you have Orange County, an ENTIRE GEOGRAPHIC AREA UNTO ITSELF. Catch our collective drift?

In case you haven't gotten the hint, we're not the internet. If you want honest advice, use the search function or......SHOCKER, be more specific.

Alright, two hours is a bit much, probably one hour tops.

Really I mean, if you were able to go to the LA area for 12 days and are able to drive max of 1 hour outside in all directions isn't it a simple question to ask the MUST SEE PLACES? When you take your one in perhaps forever trip to somewhere you aren't told a trillion things that you have to do, there are however the few really good things that popup in your head when you think of said place.

Those few great places to get some grub at, whether it be an inexpensive lunch or an extravagent 5 star tasting menu, the beach/pier, you know, the big places?

I want the ******* landmarks, not a list of every attraction.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's LA, it's ******* huge. Really you need to tell us where you will be staying and what you'd like to do. For food, what types of food, etc. You have everything from the beaches to Beverly Hills to Hollywood to a million other things. I'll be in LA on Saturday checking out Olvero Street for the first time and possibly going downtown and/or Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive).

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Well see the problem is, I'm a big foodie and like to try a lot of the hot spots everywhere I go. On the same note I'm not picky at all, typically I take requests on where to go and have the waiter/chef order for me on a no-holds barred basis. Really I am just going to be going there for 12 days with my girlfriend and want to know from the people who have been there/heard the ABSOLUTE best things to do. You know like how when you say you are going to Paris people say oh man you need to check out the Louve and the Eiffel? Stuff like that.

If I absolutely have to get super-specific I'll put up some info soon.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Disneyland.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Must-see tourist places in LA:

Hollywood Walk of Fame
Grumman's Chinese Theater
Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills
Santa Monica Pier
Venice Beach
Universal Citywalk
La Brea Tar Pits
Farmer's Market

I'm sure the locals have some better ideas but these are the typical suggestions.

I'm not a foodie so don't ask me about restaurants.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Five stars! Thanks for all the sagacity!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go on one of the Tragical History Tours. It's dark but fascinating. There's even a Helter Skelter specific tour. http://www.zerve.com/DDTours/Standard There's also a line of British double decker buses that stop by different landmarks and tourist spots. You pay $35 for the day and you can get off at as many stops as you wish then board another bus as it comes by the next hour. If you like niche colognes, you have to visit The Scent Bar 8327 Beverly Blvd and (close by) Le Labo 8385 W 3rd St Avoid Melrose Ave - half of the stores are closed and boarded up. Then again you might find something at a going out of business sale.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
it would be almost 10 hours to drive from san diego to san francisco

No. And I drive like an old lady.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Must-see tourist places in LA:

Hollywood Walk of Fame
Grumman's Chinese Theater
Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills
Santa Monica Pier
Venice Beach
Universal Citywalk
La Brea Tar Pits
Farmer's Market

I'm sure the locals have some better ideas but these are the typical suggestions.

I'm not a foodie so don't ask me about restaurants.

I've only been to two of those.
frown.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Universal City Walk can easily be skipped, and I don't know what farmer's market he means. The others are indeed tourist mainstays.

I would add Griffith Park, the Queen Mary, and some of the Museums: LACMOA, the Malibu Getty and the Huntington. Pick at least one.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Universal City Walk can easily be skipped, and I don't know what farmer's market he means. The others are indeed tourist mainstays.

I would add Griffith Park, the Queen Mary, and some of the Museums: LACMOA, the Malibu Getty and the Huntington. Pick at least one.

Griffith Park is awesome. The Farmers Market is probably the one at The Grove. Typical strip mall, really.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I also think it is neat to cross the Arroyo Seco/Colorado Boulevard bridge by car. A tourist should dig that.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton

The Original LA Farmer's Market at Third and Fairfax... http://www.farmersmarketla.com/ Of course I may just like it because I always used to have lunch there with my grandmother when I was a kid.

And I'm not particularly fond of Universal City Walk either, but it tends to be very popular with tourists.

Also, the Norton-Simon Museum is lesser known but has an excellent art collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads