Tour of Rubinacci workshop / Cappelli atelier -- June 2011

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jun 13, 2011.

1. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

I have no idea what the "Asian physique" is, steroided or otherwise.

Neither do I, but you might want to look at yourself naked in the mirror [​IMG] .

Seriously - leaner limbs, smaller chest, smoother and softer shoulder, ponchier belly in proportion to the rest, and flatter ass.

One thing going though, reasonable calves.

- M

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

^ And who would you say does it best for the 'steroided' physique? Davies, Poole, Camps, Green?

I'm dying to know...[​IMG]

3. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Neither do I, but you might want to look at yourself naked in the mirror [​IMG] .

Seriously - leaner limbs, smaller chest, smoother and softer shoulder, ponchier belly in proportion to the rest, and flatter ass.

One thing going though, reasonable calves.[/font]

Sorry, that sounds absolutely absurd.

4. mafoofan

This is not entirely correct from a number of reasons as it is not that Rubinacci created the neapolitan tailoring style.

I don't think anyone has claimed they single-handedly created the Neapolitan tailoring style (which, as you note, can actually be construed to be quite varied). The point is that they have deeply influenced tailoring in Naples and continue to do the same work they've been doing for decades. Hence, you are getting what can be called a very classic Neapolitan suit, if not the definitive one.

Matt,
    Returning to an earlier statement, can you please clarify if your LH products were more the results of Rubinacci suggestion or your own choices in terms of the proportionality and balance you are referring to? Looking at both what you are wearing and what they wear in most pictures posted on the net I cannot really see this.

The shaping of the jacket was by far and large the result of collaboration between Mariano and Gennaro. I was fairly passive throughout the process.

Anyway, I actually think that the jackets they make for me are quite similar to what Mariano himself wears, perhaps moreso than what other forum clients have, differences in underlying physique notwithstanding.

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

6. mafoofan

I am an American, and I can tell you that the best ribeye deserves a fate better than grilling.

Oh Vox.

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have broiled a pretty mean ribeye.

8. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

9. banis

banis Senior member

The shaping of the jacket was by far and large the result of collaboration between Mariano and Gennaro. I was fairly passive throughout the process.

Anyway, I actually think that the jackets they make for me are quite similar to what Mariano himself wears, perhaps moreso than what other forum clients have, differences in underlying physique notwithstanding.

So, you want to say that you specified only styling of the jacket (SB vs. DB, pockets) and left everything flow by its own? [​IMG]

10. mafoofan

So, you want to say that you specified only styling of the jacket (SB vs. DB, pockets) and left everything flow by its own? [​IMG]

Pretty much. They asked me if I felt something was too tight or too loose, but that is pretty much the extent of my input with respect to fit.

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

12. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

dying ...[​IMG]

No one does bespoke Spandex that I know of. [​IMG]

absurd

An absurd opinion, yes.

best ribeye.

Only pan-seared to create an amazing gradated quarter-inch crust then minimally oven-finished will do!

- M

13. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

That's kinda the way I do it too - I may have a few comments during subsequent fittings, but I never walk in with a laundry list of requests.

14. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

^ And who would you say does it best for the 'steroided' physique? Davies, Poole, Camps, Green?

I'm dying to know...[​IMG]

Ask Kunk

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member