1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tour de France

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Garfieldthecat, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Garfieldthecat

Garfieldthecat Senior Member

Any bikers in here? The two leading contenders to win this year have just been suspended by their teams for being implicated in "Operation Puerto", where a spanish doctor got arrested for doping offenses, and they found in his offices logbooks with athletes names and money amounts paid, as well as containers of blood with names on them.

With Lance retired, it could well be that the top 5 finishers last year won't be in the race this year. [​IMG]

It's wide open for a bunch of riders now.

2. ATM

ATM Senior Member

I think it's always been a dirty sport. I wonder what the sponsors will do.

3. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

I'm really looking forward to what unfolds...

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Well, if the Dauphine Libre is any indication, than I say America stands a pretty good chance of keeping the top spot for the 8th year in a row.

Jon.

5. benecios

benecios Distinguished Member

So Lance's nearest rivals are suspected of blood doping,this means Lance was even better than we thought or...........[​IMG]

6. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

i personally know 2 guys who trained with professional teams in switzerland when they were in high school. they were the top ranked juniors in a certain latin american country, and they've told told me that all the cyclists are doping. every single one. it's part of training from the time they are teens.

7. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Frankly the best part of the Tour de France is the eponymous album by Kraftwerk. IMHO of course [​IMG]

8. Tyto

Tyto Senior Member