Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Toughest shoes you had to break in?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kookydooky, Aug 7, 2010.

1. kookydooky

kookydooky Senior member

Just got some Sebago Docksides and my gosh are these stiff. I wore them days ago for around 5 hours and they were just killing my feet especially around under my ankle. Its like the shoes opening it just digging into it even though my left shoe doesnt have this problem (though they are still killing me)

Fantastic shoes but when I put them back on the pain just comes back again which has been dissuading me but I really want to wear them.

They honestly feel even stiffer than what I remember my Red Wings ever being.

2. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

Just got some Sebago Docksides and my gosh are these stiff. I wore them days ago for around 5 hours and they were just killing my feet especially around under my ankle. Its like the shoes opening it just digging into it even though my left shoe doesnt have this problem (though they are still killing me) Fantastic shoes but when I put them back on the pain just comes back again which has been dissuading me but I really want to wear them. They honestly feel even stiffer than what I remember my Red Wings ever being.
    I have those same shoes and you're right about the stiffness of the leather: first time I wore them I was bloody around the back of my heel. I used some boot cream to soften them up, and wore them around my apartment with thick socks for a little while. Super comfortable now, and the strong leather has kept them looking almost brand new with a little Obenauf's. A lot of guys complained about the stiffness of their Katahdin's around the ankle. I haven't had any problems. My Indys were tougher.

3. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

My redwing 1908's were a bitch to break in. I think my ankles had blisters for like 3 weeks straight after just wearing them for a few days. Once broken in its not too bad. I think its because they are unlined.

4. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Corcoran combat boots... ouch.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

awaiting aeglus rw story

6. bimmernate

bimmernate Senior member

Worst pair I have ever broken in of anything were a pair of Rainbows haha feet bled for days[​IMG]

7. dsmolken

dsmolken Senior member

Stingray cowboy boots. Way stiffer than anything else, including elephant or shark.

8. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

my wife

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

RW875's. everything is easy, comparatively.

10. word

word Senior member

Hiking boots usually. I like trainers more but some outings call for the shoe-tanks.

11. Humperdink

Humperdink Senior member

Banana Republic driving mocs - the leather at the back of the heel was as stiff as plastic, couldn't do anything but drive rental cars in them.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Banana Republic driving mocs - the leather at the back of the heel was as stiff as plastic, couldn't do anything but drive rental cars in them.

it probably was plastic

13. otc

otc Senior member

it probably was plastic

Nah, then you wouldn't even be able to drive rental cars...gotta ride the bus.

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

What's it like driving a rental car with Banana Republic driving mocs, despair?