1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hooya2, Mar 11, 2011.

1. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

dam ur so hip

u hav no idea

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

u hav no idea
    Tomgirl, is your avatar a pic of yourself? If so [​IMG]. In 6-7 hours in Toronto today, I saw maybe a handful of attractive women. I can't put a finger on it but it seems like most of them are some combination of too tall or too short and too fat or too thin. Eeks

3. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

Tomgirl, is your avatar a pic of yourself? If so [​IMG]. In 6-7 hours in Toronto today, I saw maybe a handful of attractive women. I can't put a finger on it but it seems like most of them are some combination of too tall or too short and too fat or too thin. Eeks

That isn't me, and I'm 5'11 and sometimes wear heels. I'm pretty IRL...but I guess I fall into your "too tall" category, short stuff. [​IMG]

4. oman

oman Senior member

wtf?

it's the people that bore me to death

dull as fuck, imo

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

That isn't me, and I'm 5'11 and sometimes wear heels. I'm pretty IRL...but I guess I fall into your "too tall" category, short stuff. [​IMG]
    Haa, you're cute. I'm 6'3"

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I like living in toronto, but don't really see it as a tourist destination. NYC, much more so. It pisses me off that we don't have an Edward Green store, or even Edward Green within another store. Shopping here sucks by comparison to NY, at least for men. Women have it much better, with actual Chanel, LV, Prada, Hermes stores... NY has us beat by a long shot on entertainment too, but it's not like you can't find something to do, whether it's theater or opera, or a baseball/hockey/basketball game. Dining options here aren't bad, but wouldn't know what to suggest to 24 year olds. Maybe Terroni's or Libretto pizza? Bars/clubs? Ask someone else heh...
    Going to the CN tower, visiting the Hard Rock Cafe in Dundas Square, shopping in Eaton Centre, MAYBE going to the St. Lawrence market...and if you were REALLY brave...walking down Queen Street West past Bathurst. [​IMG] Also, I'm so real that I'm too real for this thread.
    Guu Izakaya is a fun place for dinner, though you have to wait for a table. Same thing for Black Hoof (which is pricier than Guu but also better). Woodlot seems to be the restaurant of the moment, and it's quite good if you can get a table. Eaton Centre / Yonge and Dundas is absolute Hell, but I guess tourists go there. Queen West is sort of fun, or Yorkville if that's more your speed. St Lawrence market is OK.
    If it's a nice day and you really feel like walking, start at Yorkville in the morning. Then head down university avenue and check out the Royal Ontario Museum. Then wander around U of Toronto - some really old cool buildings there - some of them stand in for Harvard in some movies. Keep on heading south to Kensington Market then wander around a bit - it's next to Chinatown. Either have roast duck (yes it's awesome) or pho for dinner. Keep on heading south to Queen West for drinks.
    I ended up going to the Blue Jays/Twins game, then went up the CN tower. Line wasnt too long so we were able to get to the top in less than an hour. After that we went to Chinatown for an early dinner. Had the best cup of pearl milk tea. mmm, pmt... then checked out Kensington Market and tried a different few patties. All in all was a great experience. Thanks guys and "girl" EDIT - I read some great reviews about SOMA Chocolatemaker located in the historic distillery district so I was hoping to try a cup of chocolate. Unfortunately they were closed (6pm) by the time we got there [​IMG] Have any of you been there and tried the hot chocolate?

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

it's the people that bore me to death

dull as fuck, imo

In a city as big as toronto you can't find someone you don't consider dull? [​IMG]

8. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

I ended up going to the Blue Jays/Twins game, then went up the CN tower. Line wasnt too long so we were able to get to the top in less than an hour. After that we went to Chinatown for an early dinner. Had the best cup of pearl milk tea. mmm, pmt... then checked out Kensington Market and tried a different few patties.

All in all was a great experience. Thanks guys and "girl"

EDIT - I read some great reviews about SOMA Chocolatemaker located in the historic distillery district so I was hoping to try a cup of chocolate. Unfortunately they were closed (6pm) by the time we got there [​IMG] Have any of you been there and tried the hot chocolate?

I haven't tried the hot chocolate there, but I recieved a little box of their truffles for Valentine's Day and they were very good...very unique flavours and a good quality chocolate.

Also...wtf@girl being in "quotes"!

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I ended up going to the Blue Jays/Twins game, then went up the CN tower. Line wasnt too long so we were able to get to the top in less than an hour. After that we went to Chinatown for an early dinner. Had the best cup of pearl milk tea. mmm, pmt... then checked out Kensington Market and tried a different few patties.

All in all was a great experience. Thanks guys and "girl"

EDIT - I read some great reviews about SOMA Chocolatemaker located in the historic distillery district so I was hoping to try a cup of chocolate. Unfortunately they were closed (6pm) by the time we got there [​IMG] Have any of you been there and tried the hot chocolate?

Soma is ok but the hot chocolate isn't a life-changing experience or anything.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Scarborough represent!

11. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

Scarborough represent!

nice, but that's a place people leave, not a place people come to visit... [​IMG]

12. oman

oman Senior member

In a city as big as toronto you can't find someone you don't consider dull? [​IMG]

well, i mainly try to hang around internationals. naturalized "citizens" of the GTA tend to have this terrible parochial mentality

13. Young Pro

Young Pro Senior member

Sweet thanks!

By egregious do you just say that because EG is expensive or because it'll be 20-30% above NYC prices like l'uomo in montreal? [​IMG]

the latter...

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I haven't tried the hot chocolate there, but I recieved a little box of their truffles for Valentine's Day and they were very good...very unique flavours and a good quality chocolate. Also...wtf@girl being in "quotes"!
    I tend to refer to any group as "guys" but not everyone in this group is male. I put "girl" in quotes because I wanted to make that distinction. Your SF name includes "girl" so I thought to make it more personal by actually referring to you by a part of your screen name.

15. oldseed

oldseed Senior member

Scarborough represent!

scarborough does have good food.

patisserie royale has the best baklava in the world.

johnny's is a renowned late night burger place.

esquire, next to johnny's, has an excellent souvlaki/gyro plate.

empire shwarma has the best schwarma in the world.

and lots of other good mediterannean/mid-eastern food out there.