TORONTO Styleforum Meetup #1

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, May 6, 2009.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

plus I am not very stylish so would be out of place.
    Huh, who cares? Just wear whatever you'd wear to a normal bar. Some people wear pocket squares, some wear old navy shorts, whatever. Just bring some friends, say hi, and if it's not your scene then just do whatever you want. It's not even like people IRL will connect to your username anyway.

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Huh, who cares? Just wear whatever you'd wear to a normal bar.

Exactly.

Ask yourself, "What would a person from Montreal wear?"

Problem solved.

- B

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I guess this is epic fail heh. I may be able to do a future meet-up, but not this one.

4. Medtech71

Medtech71 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Problem solved.

- B

If it's anything like the french guys here in the military, then it's Point Zero clothes and gaudy 10K gold plated chains....[​IMG]

I wouldn't mind going but that will be my only time to hit Vaughn Mills and Yorkdale (bullet proof vest on under my jacket....

5. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Exactly.

Problem solved.

- B

Anglo or Francophone? [​IMG]

6. West24

West24 Senior member

i may pop by if i can get away from my friend/s for a second. ill be on yorkville that night but theres no way im popping in with people who have no idea about sf.

7. Master-Classter

If you're going to be around/in the area definitely swing past. I've got a few tables reserved under "Daniel". I'll certainly be there and there will be a few others too

By the sounds of things everyone's interested in a get together but the timing isn't the best but I'm hoping we can do something in the next few weeks or early next month at a time that suits everyone better...

1. Timing - Would a Sunday evening or Monday night work better?
    2. Location - Someone's house, a bar/patio, or a local store (Nomad, Lileo, Somewhere on Queen or in Yorkville - any suggestions?)

8. AB01

AB01 Senior member

Maybe a pub a little more north on a weekday night. Eglington/Yonge or something. Alternatively, Bloor/Bathurst. Easy to get to, somewhat easy to park areas. Kinda central as well. I was at Yorkville today for a work-related meeting and driving and parking was chaos. I'm not sure how a store would work. You can't really loiter in someone's store. A house party could work, if it had that backyard keg/BBQ atmosphere. Bring your girlfriends too. Would be cool to walk up to some backyard benches of people chatting with beers. Otherwise I would feel odd knocking on some stranger's door. Remember, we don't know each other. "Hi, is ratboy44 here?" I mentioned to my girlfriend about a styleforum meetup. She asked if Manouche would be there. haha. How do the other cities always have these meetups work flawlessly? Is Toronto just too isolating and cold? We gotta get this to work. Too many Toronto people here. It's necessary. Let's not make it about clothes though, but life in general.

9. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

A couple of friends and I will be going to Lobby that night.. since it's pretty much just down the street, I might drop by.

Do they still have that white sofa that they put on the sidewalk?

1. Timing - Would a Sunday evening or Monday night work better?
    2. Location - Someone's house, a bar/patio, or a local store (Nomad, Lileo, Somewhere on Queen or in Yorkville - any suggestions?)

I don't think it's the time or date (although Thursday-Sat would be better for me). But a little more advanced notice would work better methinks.

Sunday evening or Monday - either we're going to be mormon/muslim and go dry or we're European and don't care about showing up to work the next morning with purple teeth or something.

I was at Yorkville today for a work-related meeting and driving and parking was chaos.

It's Yorkville, it's always chaotic. I was tricked by a work mate to go up there from Yonge and Dundas to Canon's offices near Yonge & Bloor by car once and I swear it took 30 minutes. I could have walked there faster.

10. AB01

AB01 Senior member

Is this happening tonight or did it get rained out?

11. Master-Classter

I'll be around a bit after 9pm and some other people will probably drop by at various points. I spoke with the booking manager and the table's still reserved, although we'll probably just hang out inside instead of the patio, depending on how the weather holds up.

12. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

How did things go tonight?

13. Master-Classter

Yeah it was alright. I think with the cold weather and intermittant rain most people didn't make it out. I was there from probably about 9:30-10:30 with some friends watching the hockey. I'm not sure if anyone else came after taht though. We'll make the next one at a time and place when more people can make it, soon.

14. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Hopefully the next works for more people.

15. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

+1 I would have loved to come, but unfortunately, due to government legislation, I am not permitted to enter such a structure. In two months, however, I will 100% show up.