• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toronto people - What are the best bang for the buck shirts that i can find in TO?

Talbina

Reaction score
Hi,

Where do you get decent quality dress shirts ($100 or less) shirts in Toronto?

Thanks

robasaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Talbina
Hi,

Where do you get decent quality dress shirts ($100 or less) shirts in Toronto?

Thanks

If you go to Stonehouse in either Eaton Centre or Yorkdale, you can get their house brand shirts on sale for generally $50-90. They're quite nice and very well made, even for the regular price. The fit isn't amazing, but you can always have a bit of tailoring done and still come out ahead. Just don't use their tailors - I've worked for the company in the past and never seen a satisfactory job done on a shirt.

You could also try Holt's Last Call.

Talbina

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
If you go to Stonehouse in either Eaton Centre or Yorkdale, you can get their house brand shirts on sale for generally $50-90. They're quite nice and very well made, even for the regular price. The fit isn't amazing, but you can always have a bit of tailoring done and still come out ahead. Just don't use their tailors - I've worked for the company in the past and never seen a satisfactory job done on a shirt.

You could also try Holt's Last Call.

I did take a look at Stone House, but I was worried that no one knows this brand, either on this forum or anywhere online.

I also must admit, I generally don't like going into their stores because of the salesmen there - they just pounce on me. Two months ago i went in, and after just a minute of telling the person what I'm looking for (all i said was gray and yellow shirt)...he tried to convince to get a MTM shirt from there...starting at almost 200. Why would i go to Stone House for that instead of going to one of those places on Cumberland to get a MTM shirt?

fries

Reaction score
For less than 100 bucks you can go to 'Off the Cuff' for name brand shirts. Those shirts are pre-owned though. I've never been to Off the Cuff but apparently you can get good deals there.

If you want to pay a little more, check out Trend Custom Tailors... Don will make you a custom shirt. Its great quality but expect to pay 200+ per shirt. Not a bad deal for bespoke actually.

Syl

Reaction score
Unfortunately buying clothes in TO is a waste of money. Heck, even with our dollar a far cry from the $1.10 earlier this year, it's still cheaper to go to the US. I really do not understand the mentality of retailers that think a 50-200% differential due to the exchange is acceptable.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry Rosen house brand (not JP Tilford Custom) @ Harry Rosen Outlet, Heartland Centre, Missisauga. $80.00

justwhiteshirts.com Excellent customer service. Shop online or at their store on Leslie (401). Good quality. Both the $85.00 and $95.00 shirts are excellent.

The JP Tilford Custom when on sale (like now) are fabulous shirts. Usually $150.00. Now up to 50% off during Harry's sale. Strike while the iron's hot.

Good luck.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maxwell's custom tailors - they come twice a year and their shirts work out to be approx. $62 including taxes and shipping.

chengvc

Reaction score
The Bay has a great new shirt called The Hudson Room dress shirt. It's $44.95, non iron, 2 ply 80's, Egyptian cotton, and exact sleeve length. It's made for the general public so it's not fitted. If anyone has checked them out I would love to hear about them, as I work for the company.

Good luck!

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
Maxwell's custom tailors - they come twice a year and their shirts work out to be approx. $62 including taxes and shipping.

All the Maxwell's shirts I've seen are crap.

I think the "best bang for the buck shirts" in Toronto are from Mytailor. They visit at least three times a year, and two-ply cotton shirts started at $65us. Shirts made from Thomas Mason Silverline cloth are the best value at $125us. They would be about twice as much from local shirtmakers.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
All the Maxwell's shirts I've seen are crap.

If you go off of their standard pattern, yes.

But if you give them some direction regarding fit, details, etc, I'm quite happy with what I've come out with.

If you're talking fabrics however, I can't really comment.

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27

I have used both Maxwell and Jantzen.

Maxwell shirts are decent enough, good value for the money.

Jantzens are cheaper (~$50) with superior construction and fabrics.

GucciKid

Reaction score
Anyone have any other thoughts on MTM in Toronto? Trend seems to be well thought of but at 200 + per shirt I'd like to find a cheaper option

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GucciKid
Anyone have any other thoughts on MTM in Toronto? Trend seems to be well thought of but at 200 + per shirt I'd like to find a cheaper option

You can try ShirtFit or Ridolfi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads