• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Topman

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at Sterlingwear peacoats? (someone said in the other thread they make those down to size 30
crazy.gif
)

I still think H&M, with their lower prices and similar quality(according to the posted opinions, that is) is a better deal, even through a NYC pickup service. Plus, measurements of their products (especially the fitted, fashion forward pieces) should be more available either or on sufu.

migo

Reaction score
less than $100?? nice...

anyone know if any of the DC H&M's have peacoats?

dgb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Yeah I know I sat there forever and tried every possible combination I could (characters, no characters, area code, no area code, etc).
Ah, sorry
smile.gif
Just tried having a play, it appears to be particularly stupid and only accept over 9 digits if the number starts with a zero like UK ones do...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I thought most of the H&Ms have peacoats, but i doubt you'll find them now. Probably not until september/october. I'd wait until they add more winter stuff and then see if you can find someone to help you out. I'm probably going to do so with the khaki colored m65 jacket once fall starts. Yea, everyone on the internet has it, but i like the look of it and don't want another black jacket. Plus, i don't live in the internet so it's not that ubiquitous in florida. For example, i believe the jacket was $55 so for pricing i'd assume

$55 for jacket
$8 for shipping
$8-10 for the person's trouble (unless it was someone who just felt like helping you out and was already going anyway)

$70-75 for the jacket. I thought the peacoat at h&m was $120 last year, so i'd expect to pay almost $150 for it if you went through a proxy.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I'm probably going to do so with the khaki colored m65 jacket once fall starts. Yea, everyone on the internet has it, but i like the look of it and don't want another black jacket. Plus, i don't live in the internet so it's not that ubiquitous in florida. For example, i believe the jacket was $55 so for pricing i'd assume

$55 for jacket
$8 for shipping
$8-10 for the person's trouble (unless it was someone who just felt like helping you out and was already going anyway)

$70-75 for the jacket. I thought the peacoat at h&m was $120 last year, so i'd expect to pay almost $150 for it if you went through a proxy.

Was at several H&M all over the NE area last week myself, and the m65 without epaulets (looks better IMO) retails at $49.99, while the (probably more insulating) epaulets version goes for $69.99. No sales tax for NY purchases, of course.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Sure thing. IIRC, the non-epaulet version looks identical to the jacket that flxsik rocks all the time. I was seriously mulling over one in khaki but decided to pass on it, living in TX and all. Too bad I now have to settle on a EG Pathfinder (in XS!
bounce2.gif
), a birthday present I got last month.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gqreader239

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
They are out of XS peacoats on the website =(

But they have XXS in stock.

I tried just going through the check out process just to see the total cost (adjusted for conversion, the Peacoat would run just slightly under $100, not bad IMO) but for some reason it REFUSED to accept my phone number so I could never get past the billing address stage.

did you convert it from pounds or euros. topman's price is in pounds, which at 70 converts to 139USD. recheck it to make sure.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gqreader239
did you convert it from pounds or euros. topman's price is in pounds, which at 70 converts to 139USD. recheck it to make sure.

What really? I guess I mistook that as a Euro sign (though it did seem weird that it would use euros instead of pounds) but I guess that just shows my ignorance
confused.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
^^ Sure thing. IIRC, the non-epaulet version looks identical to the jacket that flxsik rocks all the time. I was seriously mulling over one in khaki but decided to pass on it, living in TX and all. Too bad I now have to settle on a EG Pathfinder (in XS!
bounce2.gif
), a birthday present I got last month.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

That's quite a present there. My girlfriend is way too afraid to buy me clothes as a present as she knows i'm pretty particular with fit and style. Yea, i was thinking i'd pick up the non-epaulet version. The peacoat i got has epaulets as does the f-2 jacket i believe and another one would be too much. Plus, i don't need something that insulated for gainesville. I mean, it gets cold here with mornings in the 20s sometimes, and a good amount of days in the 30s and 40s, but mostly i'm alright with lighter weight jackets and a thermal henley. I hate emailing people asking for measurements and fit advice but hey, there is no other way for me to figure it out. I'd assume i'm a small as i usually am in outerwear.

Berlin- Maybe it is less than i originally quoted. Perhaps it was someone jacking it up on ebay or supermarket last winter that made me think that price.

Double D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
So I take it that their clothes are pretty fitted?
That's a pretty definite 'yes'. I can happily wear an S in some stuff such as their slim fit shirts and I'm a 34 inch chest/110lbs.

I wouldn't go near their footwear or more expensive/distinctive pieces, but if you're skinny and need basics it's manna from heaven....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads