• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Topman In New York/Quality

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been there?

Im looking for this coat online:

kbvy2s.jpg

And since Im running to NY anyway, I figured I might as well pick it up there. How does the sizing run? Quality in general? Store worth visiting?

Thanks!

mfoucault

Reaction score
synesthesia enducing. i find the quality pretty consistently good though. When I was there, I got a 110$ pair of Chelsea boots for $27!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I thought Topman was only in UK.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mfoucault
synesthesia enducing. i find the quality pretty consistently good though. When I was there, I got a 110$ pair of Chelsea boots for $27!

This is what Ive often heard, was there a sale? Would they have winter pieces?

hamish5178

Reaction score
I bought that coat in Navy online today. If you like I can answer some questions about it when it arrives.

Jay_1989

Reaction score
i don't know how the stuff is looking now, but when i went to the NY store i HATED it. i was hoping for it to be something similar in between an H&M and a Uniqlo, and I left the store emptyhanded and disappointed.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great. So it was 150 all together? What size did you order hamish?

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Great. So it was 150 all together? What size did you order hamish?

I got a large. I'm 18 so I'm not terribly sure what my suit size is, but I think it would be a 40.

I've recently lost a bit of weight so it's all very confusing, but lately I've been wearing mediums or smalls from places like the GAP etc. Since Topman seems to be a bit more reasonably sized than GAP's lol-worthy vanity sizing, and since they specifically mentioned a slimmer fit, I went large.

I paid $150 total. Shipping is free with the code COLLEGE.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see. Im 5'9 and 145 lbs and only XS is left so I guess Ill have to take the chance, that is if I still want a cropped coat. My suit size is 36. Fit pics when you get it?

JKISSI

Reaction score
I work for topman nyc - coat fits real slim , when I tried it on I had problem with the sleeves length. I don't know in person it doesn't do much for me, but hey its topman lol.

Store only worth visiting because of two section in particular the "Red" room where the collaborations with designers are placed,and the "Smart" section where suits and more formal type of clothing are located oxfords/blazers/etc. Other than that Store is not worth visitng and this is coming from a worker. Unless you like colorful H&M quality esque type flannels and shirts with corny slogans on it. LOL wow I sound bitter but its really the truth anyone can vouch.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ouch.

Originally Posted by JKISSI
I work for topman nyc - coat fits real slim , when I tried it on I had problem with the sleeves length. I don't know in person it doesn't do much for me, but hey its topman lol.

Store only worth visiting because of two section in particular the "Red" room where the collaborations with designers are placed,and the "Smart" section where suits and more formal type of clothing are located oxfords/blazers/etc. Other than that Store is not worth visitng and this is coming from a worker. Unless you like colorful H&M quality esque type flannels and shirts with corny slogans on it. LOL wow I sound bitter but its really the truth anyone can vouch.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JKISSI

I see, what size did you wear and whats your height/weight? I usually wear BoO S...

Ugh so many bad things said about Topman...makes me not want to go

BOF

Reaction score
Is there any difference in their fit for the "smart" clothes vs. the regular line? Or is it just a matter of being a bit dressier?

EdenResident

Reaction score
I have a cardigan from Topman. The material is absolutely crap, which is well reflected in the price, though. The fit is true to size, which is nice since it's pretty much impossible to find true XS items in mall brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads