• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Topcoats for the short dude

basis

Reaction score
I'm 5'5", 145-150lbs, and pretty much every possible body ratio I have is non-average.

I've found shirts, suits, shoes, all kinds of stuff that works... but I've so far failed on overcoats / topcoats. Even finding things in my "size", 38s, doesn't work. They're invariably boxy and huge. Anyone have any tips?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try my site.

Most of the outerwear starts at 34 (although the raglan style may be big, despite it being belted). That's the nature of the raglan cut.

Take an additional 25% off the prices shown (pre markdown. In other words, if its marked down already then its 25% off the regular price not the sale price).

Let me know if you would like actualy dimensions.

You can read up on the coats on my affiliate thread above.

Edit: you can also try the hickey freeman his first which I carry on my tuesdayschild.com site. Great fabrics, and nice construction. The 20 is probably equal to a 36.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help you, but I'm fairly short (5'7") but have broad shoulders, so anything that will fit my shoulders and chest hangs pretty long. Suits I can tailor (or find in a S), but overcoats are bad. So I bought a 3/4 length or driving coat (I can't actually remember which it was advertised as) and it fits me very well. The length is nice.

b

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of it, but I'm sure FIHTie's stuff is worth a look. I'm in a similar size situation and eventually went custom for my overcoat. The fit difference there is just as dramatic as with a suit and, IMHO, worth every penny.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's