1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Top Tackiest Menswear Makers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Soph

Soph Senior member

and the BLACK open toe sandals to top it off...

--- But are open toe sandals at night or after 6pm appropriate or in the city.[​IMG]

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

What am I missing? It's a plain white shirt and a whatever tie.

Not everyone can afford more than that.

I agree. It's not great, but it's not bad. It's just average.

3. Jill

Jill Senior member

Bishop Don Magic Juan
    [​IMG]

Oh My GAWD!! I rode the elevator with this guy at the Marriott RenCen in Detroit while I was living/working there.

He was wearing this very outfit, so I said, "That's quite an outfit you have there!" assuming that he was on his way to a costume party or such. What you can't see in the pictures is that he has shoes to match the faux animal print in black and lime green. He responded, "Yesss, I like to look sharp... Hey, we're havin' a little party up in Snoop's suite. Wanna come on up?" After taking a second to register who "Snoop" was, I gave him my best "disappointed" face, and responded, "Gosh, THANKS! I'd love to, but I have a lot of work to do yet tonight. But thanks!"

I've told several people about the get-up, but no-one ever believed me. So glad to see it recorded on "film" to back up my story.

4. jml90

jml90 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Seven, Seven buttons

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I agree. It's not great, but it's not bad. It's just average.
    Average is the worst. At least at the polar ends of taste, there is distinction, albeit dubious.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Oh My GAWD!! I rode the elevator with this guy at the Marriott RenCen in Detroit while I was living/working there. He was wearing this very outfit, so I said, "That's quite an outfit you have there!" assuming that he was on his way to a costume party or such. What you can't see in the pictures is that he has shoes to match the faux animal print in black and lime green. He responded, "Yesss, I like to look sharp... Hey, we're havin' a little party up in Snoop's suite. Wanna come on up?" After taking a second to register who "Snoop" was, I gave him my best "disappointed" face, and responded, "Gosh, THANKS! I'd love to, but I have a lot of work to do yet tonight. But thanks!" I've told several people about the get-up, but no-one ever believed me. So glad to see it recorded on "film" to back up my story.
    You missed your chance for a celebrity party!

7. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Average is the worst. At least at the polar ends of taste, there is distinction, albeit dubious.

Great observation/statement; couldn't be more true. It's better to express something rather then nothing at all.

8. Jill

Jill Senior member

You missed your chance for a celebrity party!
    Yeah, darn.

9. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Bishop Don Magic Juan

It's nice to see the kids show respect to Detroit Techno masters like the original "Magic Juan", Juan Atkins.

Atkins mix of Inner City's "Big Fun" is absolutely incredible.

10. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

[​IMG]

I would wear this look, in white. With different footwear.

11. royal618

royal618 Senior member

It's nice to see the kids show respect to Detroit Techno masters like the original "Magic Juan", Juan Atkins.

There would have been fisticuffs had he chosen Bishop Don Model 500 though. [​IMG]

12. jml90

jml90 Senior member

Yeah, darn.
    You could've been on Tie Designers Gone Wild!!!

13. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Agreed, Detroit Techno is awesome.

14. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

This is somehow funny: [​IMG] !luc

15. kronik

kronik Senior member

This is somehow funny:

[​IMG]

!luc

Manton recommends Giorgio Brutini.

16. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

Allow me to show tacky in a whole new light.

Go FCUK yourself.

I really really hate that siht.

Also not a fan. And anywhere that guidos (I'm talking those punks from Long Island with "blowout"/"tape-up" haircuts) shop should be avoided at all costs.

17. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

These guys used to beat up anybody who wore shirts like this..now look at 'em.

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Great observation/statement; couldn't be more true. It's better to express something rather then nothing at all.

I agree with Mike and LK here. And I'm going to throw a grenade out here. I don't want my clothes to look "okay" in ten or twenty years. I am dressing for today, not for posterity. There are those who can pull of a "timeless" look, but most of the time, most guys who attempt this are closer to style limbo than to attaining style nirvana.

19. Billingsgate

Billingsgate Member

Stefano Ricci.

I'm going to have to disagree. I can't speak about anything else from the label, but its ties are tasteful and well constructed. Its pleated 7-fold tie is an extraordinary work of art; I've yet to see anything that rivals it.

20. acidboy

acidboy Senior member