Top Gear (UK) discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by henrikc, Jan 25, 2011.

1. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

J C is turning into quite a nasty bully. He always was one but there is an unpleasant edge now. I am not referring to the Mexican faux pas but more to this week Albanian trip and in fact all this years episodes.

2. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I honestly have no interest in vehicles, yet I love this show. It's just well written, well hosted, and above all, fun.

Same here, I couldn't care less about cars, but I love the show.

3. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Well, allow me to be the first dissenting voice in this 'love-in'. I think Top Gear is a load of puerile nonsense. Clarkson is a public schoolboy who hasn't left his cot and Richard Hammond is embarrassing when he tries so hard to be some cool hip dude.

4. Logan

Logan Senior member

Having a lame sense of humor also probably helped.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here....Dane Cook fan? Larry the Cable guy, maybe? NO...Jeff Dunham.

Hey, look it's a Canadian sports car.....it's called the "canadian bacon" GET IT?!?!? Bwaaahahahaaaaaaa.

They made a fucking Mexican sports car joke and didn't even mention that it seats 10 Mexicans, comfortably. [​IMG]

I would laugh at a joke about Canada. There are very few things that offend me. Those 3 comedians mentioned can suck it, Dane Cook is for dumb college kids, Larry the Cable Guy is for people who fuck pigs, and Jeff Dunham plays with puppets.

I'll stick with Daniel Tosh over Dane any day.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

For the record, Tosh is essentially Dane Cook 2.0.

6. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

Top Gear can get away with the dodgy humour because it is the BBC's top selling franchised show worldwide, and outside the UK it is a commercial organisation relying on revenue. Don't kill the golden goose and all that.

If the UK viewing figures start to drop off don't be surprised if they suddenly sack the trio of presenters and replace them with younger cheaper one's after an 'outrage'. Sky have just done it...

7. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

I really enjoyed the trip to Albania! They did a great job with the final scene.
    Not their best episode, but still a good one.

During February they'll show some clips from Norway. I saw an article about this in a Norwegian newspaper, and without spoiling anything, it looks like it might be a great episode with a lot of funny moments.

8. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

Tonight's episode: In this week's programme Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to buy second hand convertibles and discover some of the unusual pitfalls to watch out for when picking up a used car bargain. Looks like it could be a great episode. Almost every budget car challenge has turned out great. Next week though, I have really high hopes for. I mean, it's not just me being Norwegian, but Top Gear, power tools and large machinery = instant win. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to end the chaos and misery that snowfall brings to Britain every year, using a combine harvester, some basic engineering skills and a quick trip to Norway.

9. Logan

Logan Senior member

Just finished tonight's episode, very funny. The Zonda is crazy fast, too.

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

E30 represent!

11. the_k

the_k Well-Known Member

E30 represent!

I'm guessing you own one? Did yours come with pubic hair and poo???[​IMG]

12. Logan

Logan Senior member

As funny as that was, I wish they would have found some 'Gentleman's Relish'. Still, Hammond in the suit was still funny as hell.

13. sonick

sonick Senior member

I'm guessing you own one? Did yours come with pubic hair and poo???[​IMG]

Quite possibly, although I am sure there's some of my Gentleman's Relish in the backseat somewhere.

14. Dean Keaton

Dean Keaton Well-Known Member

J C is turning into quite a nasty bully. He always was one but there is an unpleasant edge now. I am not referring to the Mexican faux pas but more to this week Albanian trip and in fact all this years episodes.
    +1 His jokes this season were irritating, and some of them quite distasteful. And the Albanian episode was crap.

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I just started watching old episodes en masse. I'm not a huge car guy but the show is hilarious. Clarckson is really the star. Hammond is the least funny. James May seemed to be a third wheel at first since he gets less air time than Hammond, but he's more funny.