• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Custom/Bespoke Suits in Colorado

flayrah

Reaction score
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for your help! I live in Ft. Collins, CO and am looking to have a few suits made. I've researched Denver Bespoke and Evan DeLaney of Colorado Springs. Please let me know what experiences you've had with any of the tailors in Colorado. At this point I'm ready to pull the trigger and have a single suit made at each firm. Thanks again!

S. Able

Reaction score
If you want bespoke/custom in the purist sense you need to go to Chicago or LA. There just isn't much of it left in this country.

That being said, you can certainly get a great suit in the front range. Evan is a great guy and someone you should certainly contact. He is as close as you will come to the bespoke/custom experience. Most of what he now sells is made by Adrian Jules and Geneva. At one point he sold bench made clothing from a very talented Canadian coat maker, but I am not sure if he still has access to that coat maker. He will offer the best selection of fabrics (Dormeuil, H&S, Ariston, Loro Piana, Zegna, etc.) and some fittings options you won't get from standard MTM. If nothing else, I would at least talk to him.

You also have some good options for MTM clothing in Denver:

Andrisen Morton: Samuelsohn, Zegna, Isaia, Canali, Brioni

Lawrence Covell: Caruso, Belvest, Luciano Barbera, Kiton.

Anyways, you have a couple of different options for good clothing.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My response to your post in AAAC:

Denver Bespoke began as a costume maker for the Central City Opera and makes what I would call "period" clothing. Evan DeLaney is more of a business suit and shirt maker. In Cherry Creek North you have Andy @ Concord Custom, Andrisen Morton and Lawrence Covell. In the Cherry Creek Mall options include Neiman Marcus, Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers. Homer Reed across from the Brown Place Hotel downtown is nice little shop offering Hickey Freeman and Samuelshon MTM. The flagship Nordstroms is at the Park Meadows Mall. Mytailor.com visits Denver once or twice a year and is another option.

flayrah

Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs, I'll keep you posted with what happens.

-D

JG000

Reaction score

If you want bespoke/custom in the purist sense you need to go to Chicago or LA. There just isn't much of it left in this country.

NYC would have to be included on that short list... no?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

NYC would have to be included on that short list... no?

NYC over California, hardly any tailors left anywhere in CA.

I used to do 20% of my business in CO and would visit 5 times a year. All those clients have moved away and left the area.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many clients do you need to hop a flight back to Denver?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't see more traveling in my future. Six days in Dallas and one to three days in New York every month is enough at present.

Still have 3 active clients in CO but they all have an office, home or another reason to be in Chicago so I don't visit them in CO.

Visiting 5 times a year was sort of a unique situation. There was a company headquartered outside of Denver and I was making clothes for the seven guys running things. They would schedule my visits with board meetings because all seven would be in the office on those days. Would have a conference room and lay out trouser, jacketing and suit books and one by one they would pop in during the day for fittings and place orders. Car would take me to the airport at the end of the day and then repeat in a month or two. Pretty good gig for almost four years. Company was sold and everyone lives elsewhere now. Still dress a few of them.

Michael27

Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, I came across it when I was searching for a custom shop, but figure I'd update it since I found a new men's custom clothing shop in the Colorado Front Range area.

I recently got a bespoke suit and shirt from a small boutique men's wear shop called The Bespoke Edge. They operate by appointment and I was rather impressed. I just got my clothing a week ago and I am happy by the quality and fit. I got a full bespoke hand-sewn suit, but I looked at one of their fused suits and thought the detail was nice, as well. I know the shirts are made in America. The owner came to my house to measure me (I live in Boulder), but I think they cover the Front Range; Denver, Fort Collins, Boulder, though I just hopped on their website and it shows a "coming soon" section to build your own shirt online, which would be really great.

Definitely worth a look, only true custom shop I could find anywhere near me and the price is affordable.

AndrewEliot

Reaction score
This is an even older thread now, but I wanted to thank you for the recommendation for Bespoke Edge, and ask if you or anyone else had any follow-ups to that. I'm currently debating whether I should go to them, Evan DeLaney, or someone else to get a few custom sports coats.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is an even older thread now, but I wanted to thank you for the recommendation for Bespoke Edge, and ask if you or anyone else had any follow-ups to that. I'm currently debating whether I should go to them, Evan DeLaney, or someone else to get a few custom sports coats.

Bespoke Edge is really MTM that gets sent out to be made. Only the fitting/measuring locally. They are "stylists", not tailors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads