1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Top Chef Texas

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Nov 3, 2011.

1. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

I agree that it's probably the most disappointing season in terms of the hotties. I think even the most recent Top Chef: Just Desserts beats them on that front :(

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Imho, you dont need hot cheftestants as long as youve got gail simmons.

3. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

the horrible over the top weeping flamers make TCJD absolutely unwatchable for me.

I still like you though rach!

4. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

That weirdo breaking down in what, episode 2 or 3, of the first season did that show in for me. I couldn't stand it...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  5. A Y

A Y Senior member

This season's TCJD was much mellower, and the average skill level seemed much higher.

6. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

C'mon, that freak was the only one who made that show at least somewhat entertaining ("The red hots are for mommy!"). For some reason, I'm simply bored watching people make desserts whereas I'm fully entertained watching them make savory dishes & full meals.

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

There are some things which should never be uttered.

1 person likes this.
  8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

:lol:

9. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1

10. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Hung was awesome. The Foo of Top Chef, a real 1%. Although Richard Blais, is probably my favorite.

11. whiteslashasian

So pissed the big black guy got kicked off...but precooked shrimp :fu:

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

What happened to the producers having input into who gets eliminated? They could have booted one of the overweight white women, which this season seems to have more than plenty of.

13. erictheobscure

He'll probably return in the second chance challenge or whatever it's called.

14. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Is it me or was that last challenge (the sweet 16), the worst competition in the history of the show. Every dish seemed god awful. I think it was truly a case of picking the worst of the bad.

15. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

I think they have been hampered this season by what the judges are complaining about. Chefs restricting their menu's due to ingredient choices (steak, chili) or chef's worried about the audience not being adventurous. And for all the judges whining, they have punished people who do something different.

Getting a little tired of Top Chef catering, something else that seems to restrict the chefs, IMO.

16. erictheobscure

^ I think that's a pretty good take on this season, which really has sucked so far. That "progressive dinner party" episode might be the single worst across all seasons.

17. whiteslashasian

That was absolutely terrible... I loved the "dick measuring" competition with the weddings: "I had 700 people at my wedding", "we had 1200"...WTF?!?!

I LOVE GUMMI BEARS!!! Who the hell decided these would be good, interesting, people to cater to? :facepalm:

18. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

the steak episode was awful. My thoughts:

- The fat bossy chick is annoying, and it was even more annoying to see her win a car using another contestant's recipe (I believe this was mentioned earlier in the episode, somebody let me know if I'm wrong)
    - The fat bossy chick should stop ragging on the Asian for being slow and for making too much Asian food (because the Italian cookers don't seem to always make Italian food??)
    - The Robuchon chick has awful hair
    - While this was a few episodes ago the one Moto guy who is still on had an embarrasingly awful looking plate during one of the cookfires, and this is all I can think about when I see him on the show
    - How do you fuck up a potato gratin???? Amateur hour here.
    - The blonde woman also annoys me, though I can't really put a finger on it. I think she takes a lot of the blame for the shitty steaks.

19. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

I agree that the fat chick needs to go.

I agree that she needs to stop ragging on Beverly but I have to admit that I have been really disappointed in Bev's performance. I had high hopes for her but all she does cook is Asian food. I was hoping she'd break the stereotype. She also seems very sensitive. I mean that's great that she's a nice person but she's not going to last long this way.

Do you mean the blonde with short hair who tried to lead the steak challenge with the fat chick? Yeah she's annoying too and I can't put my finger on it either. She's not a bitch but she's not exactly nice.

20. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

that was such a dum challenge. i thought they would be in teams of 6 or something and making two different four course meals. it was kind of ridiculous to have people make one small component and call it quits.