Top Chef All Stars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Dec 2, 2010.

1. KJT

KJT Senior member

Just watched the second episode, I still don't understand why she Jen didn't say Jamie did nothing? Is she really that stubborn? Her conviction would save her? [​IMG]

That was bullshit. And I think it sets a precedent with the judges - think you're going to lose a challenge and go home? well maybe your knife slips into your palm and you need to get stitches. They can't eliminate you, or at least they shouldn't. Because Jamie help design a terrible dish, and although she barely helped make it, she avoided elimination by hurting herself.

I haven't read collichio's blog on this yet, but i'm interested to see how he explains not eliminating Jamie.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Jamie will get judged tougher for the next couple episodes. These types of incidents work themselves out.

Prediction: Tonight's bottom three will be Mike, Carla, and Dale.

3. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

Prediction: Tonight's bottom three will be Mike, Carla, and Dale.

What on earth is your prediction based on? Do you have info that the rest of us don't? Which Dale are you referring to? If you mean Dale Levitski then no way. He is an incredible chef and the only reason he lost Season 3 is because Hung Huynh was in the finals with him, and Hung is beyond amazing as a chef, IMHO.

4. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

from tom colicchio's twitter: "Burke, Chang, Dufresne and White all on top chef tonight." looks to be a promising episode

5. StephenHero

What on earth is your prediction based on? Do you have info that the rest of us don't? Which Dale are you referring to?

Bro, I'm leavin' myself some room for error.

6. sonick

sonick Senior member

from tom colicchio's twitter: "Burke, Chang, Dufresne and White all on top chef tonight." looks to be a promising episode

Nice, big fan of David Chang.

7. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

the surprise twist will be that all their SO's are pregnant or have young children and the chefs will have to make babyfood that will be served to 50 infants and the winner will be determined by popular vote

8. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

the surprise twist will be that all their SO's are pregnant or have young children and the chefs will have to make babyfood that will be served to 50 infants and the winner will be determined by popular vote

I thought infants were the surprise ingredient [​IMG]

9. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

way to give away the elimination challenge bro..

10. StephenHero

Which Dale are you referring to? If you mean Dale Levitski then no way.

Oh shit.

11. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

12. KJT

KJT Senior member

13. LatinStyleLover

If anyone had predicted that Dale would be eliminated last night I would have said "no way!"

I still can't believe it! No way! But when you're wrong you're wrong and man was I wrong. [​IMG] Dale was one of my top 5 favorites and I am stunned he did not go much further than this. At least there is still Casey, or have I jinxed it by mentioning her now, too?

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I haven't seen a single episode of this show, but Dale Levitski is supremely talented. What happened that made him get kicked? Off night? or what.

15. LatinStyleLover

I am still not sure why Dale was eliminated? They liked what he did, said it was well thought out and executed, but there was one thing about it they had a problem with (can't remember what) and he gets axed?

On the other hand, Fabio, who I also like, but he seems to be an "Italian" only chef, totally botched Asian cuisine, Vietnamese, if I remember right? The judges had nothing positive to say about his dish, nothing, but a lot of positive to say about Dale's dish, yet it is Dale who got axed? I guess you can't trust what the judges say or they purposely try to mislead us with their comments?

Stephen was the other one who got axed (two were eliminated last night) and he knew he deserved it. Dale was in shock, as I still am, too. I am still going with Richard and Angelo in the finals and will replace Dale with Casey. Casey will need to have one of her incredible inspired runs like she did at the end of her season, excepting the finale, for her to make it though.