Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Top Chef All Stars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Fabio's staff management and service was by far the biggest difference between the two teams.

I especially liked how he stepped up to the position between Dale and the waiters when he went a little nuts.

2. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Fabio's staff management and service was by far the biggest difference between the two teams. I especially liked how he stepped up to the position between Dale and the waiters when he went a little nuts.
    Perfect example of actual leadership. He was confident, made his servers comfortable, and persuaded Dale to back down without being violent or bitchy.

3. A Y

A Y Senior member

So far we have:

Top Scallop
    Top Crudo
    Top Foam
    Top Gnocchi

Anything else?

--Andre

4. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

You forgot about Kasey - Top Bewbie [​IMG] and Lulz at Antonia being a jinx.

5. A Y

A Y Senior member

I was glad that so many of the interviews were hers when Casey was still on the show. Looks and talent. [​IMG]

I also forgot one more: Top Sommelier.

--Andre

6. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Dale did a good job picking Marcel as the other team leader; I'm sure everyone knew Marcel was arrogant and would be an awful leader, so it was a great way to ensure the other team would have a better chance at failing.

7. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Dale did a good job picking Marcel as the other team leader; I'm sure everyone knew Marcel was arrogant and would be an awful leader, so it was a great way to ensure the other team would have a better chance at failing.

It truly was great. Marcel got so outmaneuvered on that one. He was excited about the chance and he did pick a team of individuals. Dale fucked him and Marcel thanked him for it.

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Those teams could not have been more lopsided. As soon as Marcel started arguing about writing things down on paper and the name of the restaurant, everything going up in flames was inevitable.

And Tiffany was really fucking annoying that episode too. She always hollers when she's talking as if she's on a carnival ride.

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    angelo <3 crudos

he does, but you notice he always gets slapped down for them? it's really hard to balance the delicate flavor of raw fish with other ingredients. all that looking for snap-crackle-pop really backfires. dave pasternack does an amazing job with it.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I take it that the comments above re: Ludo were in jest?

Ludo is an assbag.

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

anybody who has ever been a boss knows that the worst thing you can do is talk at people telling them what to do. until you get secure enough in your ability that you can bring people along by convincing them that they can be great -- even greater than you -- you're just begging for mutinies.

12. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

Ludo is an assbag.
    now now. he's actually a nice guy. he's just convinced he's operating on another planet than everyone else (and so far he's convinced a surprising number of other people as well). I'm consistently left befuddled by his food, though. there just doesn't seem to be much "there there". others disagree. fabio on the other hand ... though i do admire the way he stepped out and really managed the FOH. i guess i've just known too many of those italians whose strongest culinary skill is hand-kissing and speaking in an accent.

13. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

now now. he's actually a nice guy. he's just convinced he's operating on another planet than everyone else (and so far he's convinced a surprising number of other people as well). I'm consistently left befuddled by his food, though. there just doesn't seem to be much "there there". others disagree. fabio on the other hand ... though i do admire the way he stepped out and really managed the FOH. i guess i've just known too many of those italians whose strongest culinary skill is hand-kissing and speaking in an accent.
    It worked for Sirio Maccioni Side note - a good friend of mine was on Dinner Impossible... so I watched it. THAT GUY is an assbag... but he's entertaining.

14. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

It worked for Sirio Maccioni
    ahem, yes.
    don't know him, but i worked with guy fieri on his first show ...

15. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

It worked for Sirio Maccioni

Very true.

Did you see that HBO documentary on Le Cirque? All due respect to Mr. Maccioni, but I don't even think he could make a bowl of cereal.