• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Brand Styles?

NeedMoney

Reaction score
Okay basically I'm looking to discover more brand styles. Main ones I know is Dolce&Gabbana, Armani Emporio/Exchange, and Express. Some are really expensive and I'm not exactly loaded, but how much do you guys usually spend? I'm considering buying a $420 Black Armani Casual Jacket, but that seems WAY too expensive and would be a one time thing for me. But basically I'm looking for cool t-shirts (Emporio and Express only has a few decent ones, Exchange just blows, virtually nothing good there that I like, D&G is way to expensive unless someone can recommend me a legit site to get them cheaper?) and some good cheaper jeans/shorts. My Max Price Range: T-Shirts - $30 Jeans/Shorts - $50 Jacket - Varies on how badass jacket is..
biggrin.gif
So I know those main 3 brands, and I'm only 19 years old so all this is kinda new to me, please recommend some of what you guys like so I can take a look, also not really looking for dress clothes. Thanks

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NeedMoney
also not really looking for dress clothes. Thanks

They're not really looking for you either, apparently.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Don't know too much about express but d and g and emporio armani are good brands to look into. Check here often for items on sale and places like bluebee.com yoox and revolveclothing that carries them. Also the affiliates at the top and the occasional ebay.
There are outlets like the dolce company and armani compamy stores in cabazon, ca that has some good items at times at really low clearance prices.
Black label armani is great especially if you can get a good price.
You ask yourself: took care of all your bills, got some money saved, and won't overextend yourself with a 400 dollar coat purchase.. than why not. It is good to treat yourself to something once in awhile if you really like that black label coat
Okay basically I'm looking to discover more brand styles. Main ones I know is Dolce&Gabbana, Armani Emporio/Exchange, and Express.

Some are really expensive and I'm not exactly loaded, but how much do you guys usually spend? I'm considering buying a $420 Black Armani Casual Jacket, but that seems WAY too expensive and would be a one time thing for me.

But basically I'm looking for cool t-shirts (Emporio and Express only has a few decent ones, Exchange just blows, virtually nothing good there that I like, D&G is way to expensive unless someone can recommend me a legit site to get them cheaper?) and some good cheaper jeans/shorts.

My Max Price Range:
T-Shirts - $30
Jeans/Shorts - $50
Jacket - Varies on how badass jacket is..
biggrin.gif

So I know those main 3 brands, and I'm only 19 years old so all this is kinda new to me, please recommend some of what you guys like so I can take a look, also not really looking for dress clothes. Thanks

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay basically I'm looking to discover more brand styles. Main ones I know is Dolce&Gabbana, Armani Emporio/Exchange, and Express.

Some are really expensive and I'm not exactly loaded, but how much do you guys usually spend? I'm considering buying a $420 Black Armani Casual Jacket, but that seems WAY too expensive and would be a one time thing for me.
clothes. Thanks

Emporio Armani and A|X are not even the same company. They are owned by different people. Armani owns Emporio which is made between Armani's own factories and Zegna. EA is made in Italy, canvased suits, italian fabrics etc. AX is owned by a Chinese company which has nothing to do with Armani. Armani just makes loyalties off his name. AX's designs don't reflect Armani at all. I also doubt you saw an EA jacket for $420, as their jackets are usually $800-$3000

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-Shirts - $30
Jeans/Shorts - $50

You wouldn't even be able to get Armani (any real Armani label) at those prices on the clearance level. The outlets are extremely limited as well.

NeedMoney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
Well, to start, those three brands are crap. If you want T-shirts, try the Streetwear forum: http://www.styleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Why are they crap? You just don't like them? But thanks and can you recommend some that you like?
Originally Posted by oroy38
They're not really looking for you either, apparently.
I guess not.
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Don't know too much about express but d and g and emporio armani are good brands to look into. Check here often for items on sale and places like bluebee.com yoox and revolveclothing that carries them. Also the affiliates at the top and the occasional ebay. There are outlets like the dolce company and armani compamy stores in cabazon, ca that has some good items at times at really low clearance prices. Black label armani is great especially if you can get a good price. You ask yourself: took care of all your bills, got some money saved, and won't overextend yourself with a 400 dollar coat purchase.. than why not. It is good to treat yourself to something once in awhile if you really like that black label coat
They're just too expensive though, if I can get some cheaper t-shirts, that'd be great. Don't know about paying bills, cause I'm just a student, but I've never a nice jacket like that ever.

NeedMoney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
T-Shirts - $30 Jeans/Shorts - $50 You wouldn't even be able to get Armani (any real Armani label) at those prices on the clearance level. The outlets are extremely limited as well.
Your right, just looking for cheaper styles then, Exchange had some cheaper stuff, but their t-shirts I don't really like.
Emporio Armani and A|X are not even the same company. They are owned by different people. Armani owns Emporio which is made between Armani's own factories and Zegna. EA is made in Italy, canvased suits, italian fabrics etc. AX is owned by a Chinese company which has nothing to do with Armani. Armani just makes loyalties off his name. AX's designs don't reflect Armani at all. I also doubt you saw an EA jacket for $420, as their jackets are usually $800-$3000
Yeah I know, shouldn't have put the / Well the jacket was priced at $585, but it was 25% off, it was in the Armani Jeans section of some department store (wasn't Macy's) It was badass though.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you are wrong about a lot here. First of all, armani does not have their own factories (at least to my knowledge). Second, what chinese company owns armani? AX is not licensed out, not totally at least. GA still owns part of the company who runs AX Third, you mean royalties, not loyalties.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But basically I'm looking for cool t-shirts (Emporio and Express only has a few decent ones, Exchange just blows, virtually nothing good there that I like, D&G is way to expensive unless someone can recommend me a legit site to get them cheaper?) and some good cheaper jeans/shorts.

My Max Price Range:
T-Shirts - $30
Jeans/Shorts - $50
Jacket - Varies on how badass jacket is..
biggrin.gif

Search around in streetwear instead and don't start a new thread on this or you will get flamed by members there. You have been warned :cool:

Uniqlo is pretty decent if you are in NYC.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
Im pretty sure you are wrong about a lot here. First of all, armani does not have their own factories (at least to my knowledge). Second, what chinese company owns armani? AX is not licensed out, not totally at least. GA still owns part of the company who runs AX Third, you mean royalties, not loyalties.

I have no idea what the name is of the company that controls A|X, I just know it is in China, that info came from Deluxe: How Luxury Lost its Luster, by Dana Thomas. Now that I think of it, I was talking to an EA store manager the other day and we were talking A|X's effect on the company. Armani apparently does not have the rights to control A|X but just agreements and contracts, ie: A|X cannot be in/on Armani's real estate, can never be next to a higher end Armani label store, etc. I know his official stake has changed since that article was written. At one time he owned less than 30%, and at others more than 50%. But design, manufacturing and management is out of his control

As far as manufacturing goes. Armani owns at last 90% of the companies that manufacture his labels, such as Simint Spa. He doesn't not own stake in Vestimenta (black label suits) or Zegna which manufacture all Italian made Collezioni line products. I think recently EA is made by Vestimenta and SiminT though.

beansprouts1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As far as I am aware and from the numerous pinch tests I've conducted, no Armani jackets are canvassed, even the black label.

I think the older vestimenta black labels might have been canvassed, but at some point, they stopped doing the canvassing. It is a very soft fused jacket though.

jeremyjoe

Reaction score
when i was your age i was experimenting with my style, learn what fits you and looks good on you depending on the brand.....urban outfitters, american apperal, banana republic ,jcrew, second hand stores, ross, tj maxx, normstroms, saks 5, macys.....theres is such a wide range of different styles and prices....i recommend not investing too much until you get an understanding of the style you want....cause when starting out i made plenty of purchases that are now in the goodwill pile

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads