• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top 10 most stylish male icons

jakejake

Reaction score
I'm putting together a top 50 of most stylish icons (past and present). Of course, it's all subjective, but for the fun of it let's start with the top 10:

Some names come up in my mind:
-Cary Grant
-Steve McQueen
-Frank Sinatra
-The Beatles
-Daniel Craig?

Who else do you have on top 10?

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sean Connery...

jakejake

Reaction score
Didn't notice Ryan Gosling's style before... after looking at some random pictures, yes, the guy dresses well.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Who are the 3 greatest dressers of all time?

Moo
Spoo
Foo

Its an "oo" thing, baby.
lol8[1].gif

Poindexter

Reaction score
Astaire in position 1 without a doubt.

Okay, this is a clothes forum mainly, and the guy dressed magnificently, but what he really did was have so much style yer brain gon splode. Look at him; he's not even handsome, and yet he became a romantic icon, because he just oozed class. His dancing was unbelievably difficult and advanced, but you never notice, because he just floats through it all.

Whadda boss.

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
Didn't notice Ryan Gosling's style before... after looking at some random pictures, yes, the guy dresses well.

I was recently interviewed for this stylist thing I was doing and when they asked who I thought was the most stylish celebrity, I instantly said Ryan Gosling, every time.

I think that Lebron James is very consistently well turned-out, probably better than almost everyone, but it's obviously the doing of a team of stylists, so I don't give him nearly as much credit. He makes my list because he's showing tall guys every wear that they can have style too.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ryan Reynolds?

He's my secret man-crush.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads