• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too young to bang?

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The age of consent is 16 here in Canada (raised from 14 last year) but there are exceptions for people close in age.

It seems totally backwards to me to consider it a criminal offence for a 17 year-old to ******** with his willing girlfriend of the same age. WTF is wrong with you people?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
Yes, have you never heard of this? Each state has its own legal age of consent.
so in in a good part of the us you will go to jail if you ave sex before you are 17 or 18? not can you drink. as youth what can you do to have fun?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917
So why does only the guy ever get jail time?

i do not know about this type of law in other places, so cannot even speculate, but assuming the law is what it is alot of the teenage mother ad father should have criminal records now in your country.

rlx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
so in in a good part of the us you will go to jail if you ave sex before you are 17 or 18? not can you drink. as youth what can you do to have fun?

Have you been drinking?

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
i do not know about this type of law in other places, so cannot even speculate, but assuming the law is what it is alot of the teenage mother ad father should have criminal records now in your country.

In our country the tradition is for the children of these couples to have criminal records twice as long to make up for this loophole.

btlaxripper

Reaction score
Jeez I think in Iowa the age of consent can get as low as 14 or 15 as long on the older party is not in a position of power over the younger. Like a boss or a teacher or anything.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by btlaxripper
Jeez I think in Iowa the age of consent can get as low as 14 or 15 as long on the older party is not in a position of power over the younger. Like a boss or a teacher or anything.
It can....depending on whether you are game to test the legal system on it. Alternately, you could just keep it in your pants and save yourself the trouble.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917
So why does only the guy ever get jail time?

Because the laws are written to make it illegal to ******** with the person who is under the age of consent. Typically, it's a guy of legal age ********** with a girl not able to legally consent. It can be the other way around, too.

Yes, it depends on state law. Some states have 18 as the appropriate age. Where I live, it's 16. You can have plenty fun when you're a youth. Just don't get caught.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
I say go ahead and do it. It will make you feel like a real man b/c you're obviously incapable of scoring appropriately aged women. Good for you. And besides, if it's a crime and you get caught, there'll be one less douchebag around jading the ladies and making it harder for the rest of us.

I don't know why people are into virgins. It's usually terrible sex. I prefer nasty dirty old cougars who will do ANYTHING - and very often do it really really well.

WTF were you raped as a child or something, pleez STFU immediately.

I asked here simply out of curiosity. My mind is already made. While I would love to hit it, my gut and common sense are saying no. As well age of consent is 18, and she wont be 18 till september. So I will pass.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't do it. If they charge you with stautory **** and you get convicted you must register as a sex offender.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I have a bit of sympathy when he is 18 and she is 17 - that's not really stach in my book...21 and 17 is touch and go, and when it is touch and go, I suspect your best choice is to not touch, just go.

Youre one pissed off father away from a court case...wait for her birthday.

Still, over the years ******* has led me to some places I was probably better off not being, so take my advice with something between a grain and a lake of salt...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Worldwide ages of consent, including US states.

Note that many nations have relatively young ages of consent, with many having a consent age of 12 years old ( almost all 3rd world countries ). And in the USA it is definitely state specific with the range between 16-18 years old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads