• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Too much trouser break?

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who is his tailor? Certainly not anyone from South Korea - they always do a fine job (at a reasonable price).

DandySF

Reaction score
Funny you should mention this: just this weekend I pointed to a picture in which the maximum leader's trouser legs were of differing lengths. This oversight must be due to a preoccupation with his bouffant hairdo and glamour girl sunglasses.

paper clip

Reaction score
The officer on the left must be eating the rations of the officer on the right....

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda

Who is his tailor? Certainly not anyone from South Korea - they always do a fine job (at a reasonable price).

Are these twin soldiers on his sides? or are they clones?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen shots of Giorgio Armani, with a bigger 'break,' than that . . .

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
I've seen shots of Giorgio Armani, with a bigger 'break,' than that . . .

Giorgio Ar-who?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda

He looks like a rapper. Although, have you ever read the section in Flusser's book that showed a look during either the 40's or 50's with pants much , much baggier than that and almost covering the shoe. It looks stupid in any period.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
a look during either the 40's or 50's with pants much , much baggier than that and almost covering the shoe. It looks stupid in any period.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
He looks like a rapper. Although, have you ever read the section in Flusser's book that showed a look during either the 40's or 50's with pants much , much baggier than that and almost covering the shoe. It looks stupid in any period.
I know what you're talking about, but while those trousers tended to have extraordinarily wide openings, there wasn't all that much break.

vc2000

Reaction score
Maybe he isn't wearing his platform shoes but the pants are cut for them? It looks like he is almost walking on his pants. It was my understanding that he normally wears risers to add a few inches to his 5'3 height. He would want his pants to cover as much of the extra shoe as possible. His guards are also probably selected to make him appear taller then he is and they are probably family since he is supposed to be parnoid about his security. He had his chair built up when Sec. of State Albright met with him of course she wasn't exactly tall.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe the max leader has shrunk as he's gotten older. And, since he wears sunglasses all the time, maybe he's experiencing cataract problems. Or, he's hypersensitive to light. There's some nutritional deficiency which causes such a sensitivity. In any event, I wish him all the worst.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40