• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too Much Going On.....

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Martegani still make a wing-tip blucher/derby on the 3B last? I recall Franco's used to sell one that was fairly sharp, I believe it was described as a "very clean" wingtip, but I haven't seen it offered there in a while.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rider, you and Shoe should go into graphic shoe design together
laugh.gif

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
Does Martegani still make a wing-tip blucher/derby on the 3B last? I recall Franco's used to sell one that was fairly sharp, I believe it was described as a "very clean" wingtip, but I haven't seen it offered there in a while.

AS a matter of fact, they sold out but we just delivered fill-ins not too long ago. They re-bought the Radica Cognac color but we could not get any Black Radica, so I changed that to Kangaroo.....came out nice. You can email Mark Ambrogi (mark at francos dot com) or send me a PM if you are interested.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any more pics going up?

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
AS a matter of fact, they sold out but we just delivered fill-ins not too long ago. They re-bought the Radica Cognac color but we could not get any Black Radica, so I changed that to Kangaroo.....came out nice. You can email Mark Ambrogi (mark at francos dot com) or send me a PM if you are interested.
Do you have a picture of that model, and is Kangaroo a color?

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Any more pics going up?

I would hope so, but I really don't know what is going on with their site. At one time they hired a local company to manage it but I understand they had some problems and are no longer involved. Since then I have not seen many updates and the Martegani page needs some attention for sure. They really do have a nice selection of shoes, but it is not represented as well on-line as it should be. After my wife gets done with chemo I should be able to give them a hand, as the wholesale business basically stops after Thanksgiving until end of January at the next show.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^
yes, that one stood out for me too.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
Ok, here is the best I can do to get near the Brooklands pattern - a classic Balmoral Plaintoe boot. I have a basic pattern of 6 eyelets, not 8. This is actually a captoe Balmoral, but we can eliminate the cap and perf details to arrive at this:

bfjt46.jpg
[/IMG]

Let me know if this of interest.....

worship.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the latest pictures, Ron. Some forum member will soon be very happy. ;-)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads