Too huge suit? !!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, Jul 22, 2004.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

After many measures I thing problem comes from where are the arrows.

Could a tailor cut 1cm/1.5 cm at the yallow slash? It would solve the problem on the front I guess. Your opinion?

2. ernest

ernest Senior member

After many measures I thing problem comes from where are the arrows. Could a tailor cut 1cm/1.5 cm at the yallow slash? It would solve the problem on the front I guess. Your opinion? [​IMG]

3. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Are you French aswell? [​IMG]

4. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Cheeseburgers, a job, mortgage and children should fix it.

5. ernest

ernest Senior member

I do not need to change shoulder or chest, I guess at least.

Have you seen my problem? does fixing it imply to touch chest?

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Oh no, I just misunderstood you, I think. You should consult a tailor, but from my experience, he should be able to (easily) take in some fabric where you marked the yellow slash.

In all this, the funny MSPaint markings are making me laugh every time. especially where you wrote "here" in your other post on one of the photos.

7. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

That was just too much. But what really gets me every time is the titles of Ernest's posts, like "I give you the price", "I have been to Lanvin" and "Too huge suit". I just keep thinking of Hong Kong.

EDIT: Nothing personal Ernest, I do realise that English is not your first language.

8. ernest

ernest Senior member

unfortunely nobody noticed the use of the "here" on the picture.

So you thing there is a problem on soulders or waist?

Cuting 1.5 cm on the yellow slash will spread the 2 lapels of 3 cm I guess. Then the 1 st button will not hang when buttoned

9. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

(Brian SD @ 22 July 2004, 4:22) Oh no, I just misunderstood you, I think. You should consult a tailor, but from my experience, he should be able to (easily) take in some fabric where you marked the yellow slash. In all this, the funny MSPaint markings are making me laugh every time. especially where you wrote "here" in your other post on one of the photos.
    unfortunely nobody noticed the use of the "here" on the picture. So you thing there is a problem on soulders or waist? Cuting 1.5 cm on the yellow slash will spread the 2 lapels  of 3 cm I guess. Then the 1 st button will not hang when buttoned
    I don't thing the problem is with the soulders so much as the waist. Ernest, you must find a good tailor though, otherwise you might look like one of those Gypsy farmers in a gang. (Serious about the tailor, just kidding you about the rest M'boy)

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Get to a good tailor. The suit is the right size for you. The problem is no the size per se, but the cut of the suit. Ready-to-wear suits are made with a specific frame, posture, and physique in mind. My feeling is that you are broader shouldered, but are thinner and have a less developed chest than the ideal model the for the suit. A competent tailor should be able to remedy this to a large degree with alternations.

11. ernest

ernest Senior member

Thanks. I think your are right, the cut is not for me. If I had more stomach it would be "ok". Lanvin has a cut for grand-fathers...

I have 2 solutions :

- tailor
    - selling at least 5 of my 6 suits

I will go and see a tailor

12. ernest

ernest Senior member

labelking.

help...... your opinion?

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

(LA Guy @ 22 July 2004, 4:48) Get to a good tailor. Â The suit is the right size for you. Â The problem is no the size per se, but the cut of the suit. Â Ready-to-wear suits are made with a specific frame, posture, and physique in mind. Â My feeling is that you are broader shouldered, but are thinner and have a less developed chest than the ideal model the for the suit. Â A competent tailor should be able to remedy this to a large degree with alternations.
    Thanks. I think your are right, the cut is not for me. If I had more stomach it would be "ok". Lanvin has a cut for grand-fathers... I have 2 solutions : - tailor - selling at least 5 of my 6 suits I will go and see a tailor
    Are all your suits somewhat baggy? For the chest areas a fine tailor would be able to remove parts of the cloth perhaps 2-3 inches. But that would have to be a very fine tailor. I suggest you go, and ask at Lanvin what tailors they use. Since expensive stores tend to have small accidents as well, and rely upon a tailor. The cost might not be small though.

14. ernest

ernest Senior member

I know the adress of Lanvin's "tailor" but this must not be a real tailor, just someone who make simple alteration like cut on waist or short sleeves.

My suits are so baggy? I do not know what to do... I will become mad.

What do ypou think about the side picture? does the problem come from cut on chest?

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I am not a tailor so I do not know where they would remove the cloth. But it is the chest area where they would fix the problem.

Lanvin must have an actual tailor somewhere. Even Gucci has one so Lanvin must possess one.

I don't know if all of your suits are baggy since you have never posted any others.

If you return the Lanvin's then you will not have other suits. Were those the only sizes available?