• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tony Curtis RIP

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hard to say what his greatest role was but this is a favourite of mine. Some Like it Hot.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. lefty

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I grew up watching The Persuaders every weekend on TV. Curtis's clown jokes + his red Dino + John Barry's score = massive win. The opening sequence is a classic.

RIP

the law

Reaction score
He was a long time favorite in the Great Race. Hilarious movie.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the few celebrities I would really like to have met and had a drink with, his '94 autobiography was a riot.

Gherkins

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
Epic

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a little sad that Greg Giraldo dead gets 20 responses and Tony Curtis RIP gets 5.

lefty

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the law

One of my favorite movies. Loved it as a kid.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
It's a little sad that Greg Giraldo dead gets 20 responses and Tony Curtis RIP gets 5.

lefty

+1

Says something about "SF" demographics.

TC has probably been ill for quite a while but in his day he was really something.

BTW: I've never heard of Greg Giraldo till today. May he RIP too.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Some Like it Hot is part of our National Canon as far as films go.

I remember when I saw it the first time, a brilliant comedy.

sad to see him go.

Stedye

Reaction score
HE was great in the Defiant Ones with Sidney Poitier. I always admired his Style. May he rest in Peace. Tony was truly a Hollywoood Icon.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I grew up watching The Persuaders every weekend on TV. Curtis's clown jokes + his red Dino + John Barry's score = massive win. The opening sequence is a classic.

RIP

+1

RIP

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the law

Love that movie!

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember thinking he was hilarious in Some Like It Hot when I was a kid.
They replayed a great interview w/ Terry Gross today, in which he talked about the infamous Spartacus snails and oysters scene.

He was a character.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.