• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tony Awards predictions

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's the most wonderful time of the year---TONY TIME! Here are my productions for the 2008 Tony Awards. I see Gypsy sweeping the major acting awards and
  • Best Musical: In the Heights although some think Passing Strange will pull off a huge upset.
  • Best Play: August: Osage County. Hands down.
  • Best Revival of a Musical: I'd love to say Gypsy but it's gonna be South Pacific.
  • Best Revival of a Play: Macbeth.
  • Best Leading Actor, Musical: Paul Szot, South Pacific.
  • Best Leading Actress, Musical: Patti ******* LuPone. DUH!
  • Best Leading Actor, Play: Patrick Stewart, Macbeth. I really wanna see him in this.
  • Best Leading Actress, Play: Deana Dunnagan for August: Osage County.
  • Best Featured Actor, Musical: Boyd Gaines, Gypsy.
  • Best Featured Actress, Musical: Laura Benanti, Gypsy.
  • Best Featured Actor, Play: Should go to Jim Norton for The Seafarer but I have a feeling Raul Esparza may take it.
  • Best Featured Actress, Play: Martha Plimpton for Top Girls.
There are more but I don't feel like typing them out. Tune in on Sunday at 8 PM! Among the performances will be Patti doing "Everything's Coming Up Roses"!!!!

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I told him this would be one lonely thread.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know nobody gives a ****.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, you are so ****.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No one else wants to give us their predictions?!
inlove.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
What are the Tony Awards and why should anyone care?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I predict the Tony Awards will get its ass kicked in the ratings by Game 5 of the NBA Finals.

Seriously, why are the Tony Awards still on a major network anyway? Shouldn't they be on Bravo or something at this point? Even Miss America is now on cable.

mykel67

Reaction score
I'm pretty new around here, but I have to say for a "style forum" a lot of the responses to people's posts are "inelegant" to say the least.

If you don't like Broadway or watch the Tony Awards why would you waste your time looking at this thread or posting a reply?

There seems to be a lot of negativity and intolerance around here reminiscent of middleschool playground bullying. Disappointing...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mykel67
I'm pretty new around here, but I have to say for a "style forum" a lot of the responses to people's posts are "inelegant" to say the least.

If you don't like Broadway or watch the Tony Awards why would you waste your time looking at this thread or posting a reply?

There seems to be a lot of negativity and intolerance around here reminiscent of middleschool playground bullying. Disappointing...

Welcome to the internet.

Stick around for a while and you'll realize that Conne knew exactly the response he'd get when he posted this thread. It's all in good fun.

mykel67

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I wasn't aware of the 'backstory' here.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mykel67
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I wasn't aware of the 'backstory' here.
Edmorel loves it in the back(story).

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll not attempt to predict all of them. Cause, frankly, I haven't had the opportunity to see any of them. And I'm pissed. But based on all I've read:

South Pacific will win for musical revival.
Laura Benanti will def. win for feature acress, musical.

I have no idea if Raul Esparza will win, but he should after being robbed last year by DHP. I didn't see Curtains, but did catch Company on PBS and it was ******* amazing.

And to the rest of you in this thread: **** off for once. Maintain some amount of adult dignity and don't speak. Just once.

b

Originally Posted by Connemara
It's the most wonderful time of the year---TONY TIME!

Here are my productions for the 2008 Tony Awards. I see Gypsy sweeping the major acting awards and

• Best Musical: In the Heights although some think Passing Strange will pull off a huge upset.
  • Best Play: August: Osage County. Hands down.
  • Best Revival of a Musical: I'd love to say Gypsy but it's gonna be South Pacific.
  • Best Revival of a Play: Macbeth.
  • Best Leading Actor, Musical: Paul Szot, South Pacific.
  • Best Leading Actress, Musical: Patti ******* LuPone. DUH!
  • Best Leading Actor, Play: Patrick Stewart, Macbeth. I really wanna see him in this.
  • Best Leading Actress, Play: Deana Dunnagan for August: Osage County.
  • Best Featured Actor, Musical: Boyd Gaines, Gypsy.
  • Best Featured Actress, Musical: Laura Benanti, Gypsy.
  • Best Featured Actor, Play: Should go to Jim Norton for The Seafarer but I have a feeling Raul Esparza may take it.
  • Best Featured Actress, Play: Martha Plimpton for Top Girls.
There are more but I don't feel like typing them out. Tune in on Sunday at 8 PM! Among the performances will be Patti doing "Everything's Coming Up Roses"!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads