1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tonic Water

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by BarePaw, Dec 18, 2004.

1. BarePaw

BarePaw Active Member

Does anybody know what the concentration of quinine is in tonic water?

2. Mike

Mike Senior member

I am talking out my ass here, considering I don't have a bottle near me, but shouldn't it say on the label somewhere?

*edit: WOOHOO. 200th post. I got quite a few before I reach A.Harris's record.*

3. jasonpraxis

jasonpraxis Well-Known Member

4. BarePaw

BarePaw Active Member

I've checked several bottles at the grocery store here and none of them say. I was just curious. Thanks for the link. If I ever need quinine, I'll go for the quinidine. As much as I like gin & tonics, I doubt that I can drink 12 quarts worth.

5. ChuckE

ChuckE Member

There is probably not enough to reduce your malaria symptoms. [​IMG] Quinine was used as a tonic which significantly reduces the malaria symptoms; apparently, it does not cure it. I thought I would throw that in for some trivia. Another piece of trivia, the Gin & Tonic drink is the only mixed drink where the alchohol was added to improve the mixer. Most drinks were created where the mixer was added to improve and/or mask the flavor of the alchohol.