• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tonello jackets / suits - slim ? good?

fredrik80

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Tonello suits or jackets in real life? Luisaviaroma has some that look really good, a bit like costume national, fitted and a bit shorter with slim arms. Is the quality good? They seem really expensive at full retail so is there any substance behind the prices or would i be paying for just the fit and getting mediocre quality?

tricket

Reaction score
The cut is rather fashion forward. The quality is by no means mediocre. I have one and the whole garment has bead-stitches along all seams. Of course you can argue that bead-stitches can still be machine-made. I am satisfied with Tonellio in general. They do really light-weight summer suits.

Backhand

Reaction score
I really like their jackets, nice quality and most are at least half canvassed. Even the one fused one has a great lapel roll and is a coolwool/linen combo. The arms are cut slim and works great because I have thinish wrists despite my athletic physique. They breathe well, even the fully lined stuff and I like the little touches, nothing ridiculous but interesting fabrics and choices.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're very LBM1911/Boglioli in style and not too bad. Beware however, as someone has mentioned, they are very fashion forward in cut.

Backhand

Reaction score
They're very LBM1911/Boglioli in style and not too bad. Beware however, as someone has mentioned, they are very fashion forward in cut.
Yeah Id say fashion forward but never over the top fashion. I get a lot of attention for the fit and textures when I wear them... a way to stand out without being a clown. There is classic aspect to all the touches that dont look forced, never just "look at me" just kinda nice in a nuanced way that has youthful vitality. Even the fused stuff holds up and because of what I do I often end up in rooms full of Brioni and Kiton. Im not trying to look like the richest guy in the room (because Im not) but I can usually pull off the good taste + interesting edge hat trick in tonello.

Also the fused ones are mostly unconstructed and very light weight. They seem to know how to do breathable light weight lightly constructed stuff right and the hand work really helps when you have minimal construction. The hand work means you can also find models with spalla camicia and other neapolitan shoulders. Basically little touches that very few will notice, I suppose thats why they are spendy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads