• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom's Toothpaste . . .

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried these 'natural' toothpastes, out of Maine? I am crazy, about the cinnamon clove. It hearkens to the original Lavoris, mouthwash. My all time, favorite. The appearance of this toothpaste, is a little . . . problematic, but I won't go into details. At any rate, all of the flavors are delicious: fennel, anise, wintermint, apricot . . . might be more. I buy Tom's Toothpaste, at Biglots. My third, home away from home. Depending on the flavor, you can get a 4.3 oz. tube, from 98 cents, up to a couple dollars.

Someone told me that Tom's eradicates enamel from the teeth, but I've been using it now, for more than a year . . . my dentist hasn't noticed anything. Anyone else, familiar with this brand?
200.jpg

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
Have you tried these 'natural' toothpastes, out of Maine? I am crazy, about the cinnamon clove. It hearkens to the original Lavoris, mouthwash. My all time, favorite. The appearance of this toothpaste, is a little . . . problematic, but I won't go into details. At any rate, all of the flavors are delicious: fennel, anise, wintermint, apricot . . . might be more. I buy Tom's Toothpaste, at Biglots. My third, home away from home. Depending on the flavor, you can get a 4.3 oz. tube, from 98 cents, up to a couple dollars.

Someone told me that Tom's eradicates enamel from the teeth, but I've been using it now, for more than a year . . . my dentist hasn't noticed anything. Anyone else, familiar with this brand?
200.jpg

Yes, I use it semi-regularly (and no, that doesn't mean I only brush my teeth semi-regularly, but thanks for asking) and like it.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling

200.jpg

I like their stuff (mouthwash, toothpaste). The only problem I had was I started using it when I got an electric toothbrush. Then, after a cavity or two I stopped using Toms AND the electric toothbrush and went back to Crest. Not sure which helped cause the cavities. It could have been the electric toothbrush?

If you've had good results, stick with it...

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lawyerdad . . . I suggest the Cinnamon / Clove. The look of this 'gel,' may turn you off a bit, but it tastes great.
devil.gif

Tck . . . I've had absolutely no negative reactions, of which I am aware. Perhaps Tom's, did do something to your enamel?? Can't say . . . have never used an electric toothbrush. They scare me.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Thanks IK, I'll look for it. So far, I've only tried the minty (wintergreen, peppermint, whatever it's called) flavored variety.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, lawyerdad . . . just don't look at this 'gel,' for too long . . .

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan. I like the one with baking soda. No adverse effects after 3-4 years.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good! What would I do, without Biglots? I find the most unusual things, there . . . last time, they had little bolts of white string . . . perfect for securing cake boxes . . . a quarter a piece. I bought twelve of them. Found some Swiss wrapping paper, too!

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Tom's -- I've been using the peppermint lately, but the peach or apricot or whatever is great. The one thing that you have to look out for is they make versions both with and without fluoride, and package them in practically identical boxes, and if you don't pay close attention, you may buy the wrong one.

Ninety-Eight cents?!?!?! Geez.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, always read the box . . . each formula, seems to do something different: the cinnamon clove, is anticavity & tartar control plus whitening, in a GEL, flouride toothpaste. And, don't forget to floss . . .

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I've used some Tom's toothpastes, and there are definitely some unusual flavors available. The cinnamon one (not sure if it's different from the cinnamon clove) was nice but a little strong for me. I think my favorite may actually be the orange (or is it orange mango?) marketed for kids, but not overly sweet or fruity. Apricot is nice too.

Definitely look at the ingredients. I prefer the ones with fluoride.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cinnamon/clove, is VERY strong, indeed. That's why I like it.
whip_01.gif

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, Label King!! I used that some years, ago . . . it was great! Forgot all about that one . . . leave it, to you . . .
536811190.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom also has an anticavity fluoride rinse which you use after you brush your teeth, before you go to bed, which I use. No alcohol, artificial dyes or sweeteners. I like it, and from my lack of cavities, it seems to work well.

ACMW_large.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics