Tom's Toothpaste . . .

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Ivan Kipling, Oct 25, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

Tom also has an anticavity fluoride rinse which you use after you brush your teeth, before you go to bed, which I use. No alcohol, artificial dyes or sweeteners. I like it, and from my lack of cavities, it seems to work well.

[​IMG]

"I use Tom's, so ain't no cavity creeps in my grill."

2. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I love Tom's since it isn't too sweet like Americanized...everything. I cant use it since I sensative teeth, so it must be sensodyne.

Still using Listerine, though Im eyeing C.O. Bigelows cinnamon.

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Tom's toothpaste is generally excellent, but their ginger version is the absolute worst tasting oral care (home) product I've ever had in my mouth.

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Toms is also good because it doesn't have detergent (SDS I believe?). Less suds, which I like, and also doesn't dry out your mouth like other brands, which can cause bad breath.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Hate it. Way back when I dated a girl who was all into natural products. Everything in her house was recycled or natural or organic. Pretty decent food. But the toiletries in particular were horredous. Toothpaste, shaving cream, deoderant - horrible.

6. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

Toms is also good because it doesn't have detergent (SDS I believe?). Less suds, which I like, and also doesn't dry out your mouth like other brands, which can cause bad breath.

Except that ingredients like cinnamon oil and peppermint oil are more irritating to your skin. I like the taste of strongly flavored toothpastes, but they do a number on my lips and the skin right around my mouth if I get any toothpaste there.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

8. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've used Tom's for probably 10 years now. Took some getting used to, but now Crest et. al. taste very sweet and chemical-y. I've had no dental issues either. I always buy the Peppermint Baking Soda flavor. I should try one of the others sometime. BTW, 98 cents is a steal. The best I've found in CA is about $2.75 at Trader Joes.

9. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

Yuck, totally hate it. My roommate is 'granola' and once (and only once) I had to borrow his Tom's fennel toothpaste- so disgusting. How can you have a fresh tasting mouth when you've brushed w/ fennel?

10. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

Label King, you are a connoisseur!
    ts4them . . . I guess you either relate to Tom's products, or you don't. As I've stated, my preference is for the cinnamon clove, which I think, does freshen the mouth. Depends of course, on how much freshinging of the mouth, is called for.
    V Man . . . I have used the products that you pictured . . . they're enjoyable, too.

11. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I use the fennel and the peppermint. The fennel, in my mind, has more of an aniseed or liquorice flavor. This is the only toothpaste my son will use. I accidentally put Aquafresh on his toothbrush, once, and he spit it out as though it were poison.

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I use the fennel and the peppermint. The fennel, in my mind, has more of an aniseed or liquorice flavor. This is the only toothpaste my son will use. I accidentally put Aquafresh on his toothbrush, once, and he spit it out as though it were poison.
    It's always good to start taste young.

13. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

[​IMG]

Label King . . . I take my head, off to you . . .

14. javyn

javyn Senior member

I am just finishing up a tube of Tom's Peppermint Baking Soda paste...can't say I'm that great a fan. First off, I only got it because it was on sale, to find that Whole Foods charged me full price anyway when I got home and checked the receipt. Second....well, I just love the Aquafresh Extreme Clean "foaming" toothpaste experience. That stuff is so strange, yet pleasing at the same time!

15. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

It's always good to start taste young.

This is a classic quote.