• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tommy Bahama tropical print shirt (hawaiian shirt)

Horrigan

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I'm new on this forum and a complete beginner in fashion. I hope I'll improve my skill with you guys.

I really like hawaiian style shirt, especially the laid back effect that comes out of it. I was browsing on internet and I came accross Tommy Bahama website and saw their hawaiian shirt line in 100% silk.

I would like to know your opinion on these, I saw one in a store and they feel really confortable but the size seems to be really off, I'm 170lbs 5,9" and a Small one was like Large to me maybe they are just cut to be that way, I don't know.

Anyway here is the link. http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Men/S...int_Shirts.jsp

So what are your opinions on these? Do you think that would fit only on a clown?

And btw is there a way to wear a hawaiian shirt in a classy and clean way? Like a mix of downtown and beach style..

Thanks a lot!

Who me?

Reaction score
Hi

I do not like Hawaiin prints (unless in Hawaii I guess....not having been there, or for Hawaiin nights etc).

I do love Tommy Bahama pure silk shirts though so I just get plain colour ones.

These are athe only shirts I have bought for comfort. Everything else is bought as long as it not UNcomfotable. I get them new or second hand on ebay. So far to my mind the two older ones I have are nicer (only have three short sleeve ones but all are great). I also have a TB silk/cotton polo and a silk/cotton TB long sleeve that I do not like as much as the ss ones....still feels nice though.

I think they are presentable enough and meant to be worn untucked and as long as it is not too formal an occassion can be dressy enough.

If I found a patterned one that was not too floral I might consider it if it was cheap.

Edit TB seems to size BIG....so XL for them might be xxxl for someone else though again there is some variation and i find that I am inbetween sizes so they are big on me. I do not care what the look like too much as they just feel so damn nice and as long as there is not so much extra tent material blowing around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads