• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford vs. Brioni Suit

smtih10

Reaction score
I'm a young gentleman looking to buy a new suit. I want to look stylish yet have unmatched quality. I know that Brioni is the obvious choice but Tom Ford seems to be more young and trendy. What do you guys think?

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of those is a great thing and also have not very fans on this forum.

Seamless

Reaction score
If money is no option why not use a good in person mtm or go bespoke. Just make sure to pick the right person and system to work in.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is your third 'A vs B, money no object' post. The brands you talk about have a similar level of quality, there is no real value to any discussion of construction, materials etc - it all comes down to you trying them on with someone who can guide you and deciding what you prefer.

hrb

Reaction score
Based on your previous posts, you seem to want a TF but are after some reassurance that it is the way to go. As already mentioned, the quality is very good, it's a fit and name drop after that. The base A (I have one) is great if you have an athletic build. For the base A, I would say you would want a 8" -10" drop to wear this well and not an overly thick thigh, though some may disagree. The quality is definitely top notch but if you pay retail it is overpriced. If you are .. less athletically built, try the B. As other's already mentioned. If you'r paying full retail, then your best bet would be bespoke, which you can get for a TF MSRP.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If money is no object, buy both and afterwards let us know which one you prefer.

shujnparo

Reaction score
Just make sure to pick the right person and system to work in.
29.gif

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is your third 'A vs B, money no object' post. The brands you talk about have a similar level of quality, there is no real value to any discussion of construction, materials etc - it all comes down to you trying them on with someone who can guide you and deciding what you prefer.

You sound very indecisive to me as well as being someone who is conceited.

I'm a [COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]young gentleman[/COLOR][/COLOR] looking to buy a new suit. I want to [COLOR=FF00AA]look stylish [/COLOR]yet have [COLOR=FF00AA]unmatched quality[/COLOR]

In the absence of a photograph it is quite impossible to determine what is right: You also make no reference for the circumstances in which this might be worn. That makes a huge difference. A conservative profession versus a wedding versus some one in marketing and so on and so forth.

Rather than pursuing these repetitive threads you would be better just getting what you like. No one can truly answer your questions on the scant information you give.

Maybe you are even a time waster.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics