• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford Visionaires Documentary : Sunday Night, 10pm

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Interesting hour. I am really impressed with him. He carries himself very well.
a lot little cocky, but i give him a pass, he's allowed.

Vimsig

Reaction score
I would really appreciate if someone could upload this anywhere, I couldn't see it here in Sweden during the original broadcast.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did he get into movie making and how have I never heard of that?!?!

Good question, considering the lead actor was nominated for the Best Actor Oscar (and won it the next year for The King's Speech) and got lots of press.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is a bit hard to watch him talk. But maybe you need to be that cocky to do what he does to some extent.

I didn't find him cocky at all. Actually many times he humbly spoke about how the important things in life, contrary to fashion, and about eventually being irrelevant. He stuck me as a great conversationalist, with massive charisma.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

How did he get into movie making and how have I never heard of that?!?!

no idea. watch the film. its ******* great. Me and my wife both loved it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

mjphillips

Reaction score
Really enjoyed the show, though TF's accent/speech pattern is beyond ridiculous - especially since he grew up in Texas. Also was a great ad for his suits, he looks like a $1,000,000 swanning about his design studio in that 3 piece.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the documentary, but I had hoped his approach to fashion design was more strongly grounded in his initial education as an architect.

brlfvr

Reaction score

I didn't find him cocky at all. Actually many times he humbly spoke about how the important things in life, contrary to fashion, and about eventually being irrelevant. He stuck me as a great conversationalist, with massive charisma.

I want to like the guy and think he is a massive talent. I think the humble bit comes off a bit phony. I agree with MJ that the accent doesn't help.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Really enjoyed the show, though TF's accent/speech pattern is beyond ridiculous - especially since he grew up in Texas. Also was a great ad for his suits, he looks like a $1,000,000 swanning about his design studio in that 3 piece.

very much. the guy looks impeccable. he's the perfect ad for his stuff. **** brad pitt and tom brady....

Last edited:

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
I too would like to see the documentary.

-LR

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It was really great. There should be a version up on YouTube by now, no?

And I feel sorry for his maid if there is even one speck of dust around his house. He seems OCD to the max. 5 friggin baths a day?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads