Tom Ford Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stugotes, Oct 9, 2012.

1. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Looks like we're back in the late 70s/early 80s.

2. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

imo better than his last outing with the big 80s shoulders.
    the lapels are okay with me.
    they're not tiny like some of the other rtw brands you see marketing to college age kids.

3. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

4. Xenon

Xenon Senior member

Yes and if you look past the current flamboyant combinations, each individual piece actually uses very versatile colors that will still look good years from now when combined with more conservative dark or light colors if necessary.

Obviously if you're an accountant or actuary with limited personality this will not work at all.

5. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

I like it :D

The wide peaks were too wide for me. these are perfect(except the retail price of course :embar:)

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Slim tapered semi low rise trousers, smaller lapels, skinner proportions compared to his generously cut suits of past seasons. Personally, I think these cuts should be right up SF's alley. I like it...

7. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

It seems the 5 button cuffs are gone as well. Those are all 3 with one unbuttoned

8. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

I'm gonna repeat myself: there are very different styles available! The slim-lapel Falconer model (which I assumed is shown here for the new collection) has been around at least since the A Single Man movie.

TF does not really do new collections, IMO; he introduces new fabrics, colors and patterns, but the overall style stays the same.

9. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I agreed with the above. The portfolio gave us a very good inspiration about dressing causal in classic clothing elements.

10. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

I don't mind the slimmer lapels as it is following a linear ascendancy with its styling. It was very mid 1970's inspired and is now late 70's-1980's inspired. The colors and the shapes, especially of the more casual clothing, is spot-on and gorgeous.

11. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

I don't know whether the angle of the lapels is more extreme or if the slimmer version accentuates the angle, but it seems a little bit cartoonish. Those are some seriously slim looking arms too. Really fond of #28 though.

12. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

Sure he does. The o'conner model was just released earlier this year. Btw isn't introducing "new fabrics, colors and patterns" the definition of a new collection. But you are right though that if you walked into a TF store the majority would still be the wide lapeled, 5 button cuff versions (if the cuff buttons were sewn on)

13. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

all but maybe 2 of those look like epic dogshit.

and for christs sake can they get at least one model to stand without some stupid lean.

You guys can drool over TF, but I sure wont.

14. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

To clarify, TF doesn't have 80's type shoulders. It does have a strong chest piece which creates the illusion of a big shoulder (don't TF suits have 3 layers of canvass?)