• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford Spring/Summer 2011

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions? A lot less suits this year. Seems like a more wearable collection, all in all. http://tomford.com/ There's a video intro that you can skip.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tom Ford is the motherfucking man.

Some of the mens stuff is a little over the top, but thats just for press. Some of the pink suits in a navy would be great.

Its very clear he excels at evening - both men and women.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gotta get me a dark pink wool silk linen melange suit with peak lapels. Or maybe a shiny cotton satin summer suit in black.
ffffuuuu.gif

Looks a lot less wearable than the fall stuff -- more conspicuously designery. I liked some of the fall items, but I got tired of looking at this pretty quickly, especially with the Miami Vice color scheme.

Thom Browne had a longer shelf life for me than Tom Ford's '70s throwback stuff, but I guess that'll be no surprise to anyone.

The presentation makes it hard to tell much about some of the less theatrical pieces.

Albern

Reaction score
Why couldn't Beyonce be in one of those see through dresses.
ffffuuuu.gif

JLW

Reaction score
I still think the guy does sunglasses the best.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much of his stuff is loud and over designed. In that sense, I agree that he has the shelf life of Thom Browne, if not less. Still, perhaps in the way McQueen had an imprint on rises and Brown has an imprint on inseams, Ford can help us move away from overly thin lapels.

I'm sure many of us would welcome that change.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the black patterned shawl DJ, especially the cut of the lapels. I think it's one of the more wearable looks in the collection

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford is, Tom Ford. I didn't look at the menswear. But his womenswear looked extremely sexy and luxurious. It is over designed, but that's just Tom Ford. I don't think it's as theatrical as some of other designers' pieces. It brings youthfulness out and yet adds sophistication. I like it. Also look 16 is
inlove.gif

LeadSmall3BetAllIN

Reaction score
Ford can help us move away from overly thin lapels.

I'm sure many of us would welcome that change.
I actually like there to be a striking contrast, in the eyes of a sartorial lay person, between trad and modern. What better than the lapel width?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I think he should do a Nashville inspired collection.
+1, perhaps a spin off of S/S 2004 (the Texas collection)? Anyway, I like this collection, although it reminds me something of a pastiche of things YSL did for men in the 1970's.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
+1, perhaps a spin off of S/S 2004 (the Texas collection)?

He does cowboys well.

- M

john946

Reaction score
Something about the sportswear reminds me a lot of Hermes. It could be the bandanas...but I think its something more. Does anyone else see this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads