• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tom Ford Spring/Summer 2011

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they took down the mens and womens 2011 collection for some reason.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Tom Ford is the motherfucking man.

no question spooster.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Tom Ford Spring/Summer 2011 is it me or does the site not even have a Spring/Summer 2011 yet ?

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Yeah, they took down the mens and womens 2011 collection for some reason.

question answered

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why it was taken down?

-LR

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Anyone know why it was taken down?

-LR

Possibly due to the influx of far eastern visitors copying pics to send off to the factory for mass production ?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sure -

The Hunstman is a beast of a suit. Heavily padded shoulders, it feels like a suit of armour. The Tom Fords are made of cloth of a similar weight, although it has a much more body conscious feeling - in a good way - when equipped. Like a full body wool and cashmere condom. The armoles on the TF are set much higher, the waist supression is much more defined, and the shoulders are a bit softer.

The TF's are far and away the nicest suits I have owned, even more than the Hunstman. So much in fact that the Huntsman may come up on the FS block if I can find a comparable TF replacement. In terms of handwork, the TF's are entirely hand stitched, as far as I (and my tailor who I made show me the "guts" of it when working on it) can see. The Hunstman has machine work in places the TF has handwork.

Im not sure if thats the kind of comparison you are looking for, but thats it in a nutshell. Maybe Ill crack out the Huntsman when Im back to work later in the week, its been a bit for that suit.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Spoo, could you talk a little about how you feel about your Huntsman vs. your Tom Fords? In photos they look very similar, but could you compare and contrast the two?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Sure -

The Hunstman is a beast of a suit. Heavily padded shoulders, it feels like a suit of armour. The Tom Fords are made of cloth of a similar weight, although it has a much more body conscious feeling - in a good way - when equipped. Like a full body wool and cashmere condom. The armoles on the TF are set much higher, the waist supression is much more defined, and the shoulders are a bit softer.

The TF's are far and away the nicest suits I have owned, even more than the Hunstman. So much in fact that the Huntsman may come up on the FS block if I can find a comparable TF replacement. In terms of handwork, the TF's are entirely hand stitched, as far as I (and my tailor who I made show me the "guts" of it when working on it) can see. The Hunstman has machine work in places the TF has handwork.

Im not sure if thats the kind of comparison you are looking for, but thats it in a nutshell. Maybe Ill crack out the Huntsman when Im back to work later in the week, its been a bit for that suit.

Perfect, thanks so much. This is really interesting to hear, they seem to be bespoke quality RTW garments for sure.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I looked at TF suits recently and was very impressed. I came close to buying a navy 3-piece but realized that I need to first explore a few other options.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CentralParkWest
Is it just me, or is $11,000 a lot for OTR shoes?

That must be a typo, I've never seen TF shoes, or any for that matter, listed for that much at any retail location.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, I echo my sentiments from the Valentino preview. I realize that TF is a very fashion forward label made for those who are thin, but these pics do little to show me what these suits will look like on actual men, as opposed to children. It would also be nice if they posed in a manner that would show the fit, instead of contorting it out of shape.

Some cool styles though, and I dig the appearance of spectators.

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CentralParkWest
Is it just me, or is $11,000 a lot for OTR shoes?

Pshaw, of course not. Just picked em up, love em so much I got 3.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Again, I echo my sentiments from the Valentino preview. I realize that TF is a very fashion forward label made for those who are thin, but these pics do little to show me what these suits will look like on actual men, as opposed to children. It would also be nice if they posed in a manner that would show the fit, instead of contorting it out of shape.

Some cool styles though, and I dig the appearance of spectators.

Mike

The lookbook is to entice you to get into the stores to check out the merchandise in person.

I doubt many people will drop $5K+ on a suit based on an image on the internet.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.