1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Ford Outlet

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yywwyy, Apr 4, 2012.

1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Nope. That was the only specific name he dropped. That said, if they were in fact there, it's clear the level of people the sale was intended for.

2. hikari013

hikari013 Senior member

SF meetup at Woodbury on July 15th?

3. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Jeez. this happened months ago and still gets people whirled up about it. And here I was, thinking that TF outlets was big news.

4. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

DIBS ON BRINGING RED MARKERS

6. Mute

Mute Senior member

Ha ha! Classic!

7. tacobender

tacobender Senior member

I have a former co-worker of mine who works for Tom Ford in Vegas, he told me about woodbury some time ago, but he believes the first run thru of merch is going to be shipped from the wholesalers like NM and Saks where the 36 short and 56l suits sit there for seasons on end. He isn't sure what the stores will be sending as typically the merch is sold at a reasonable pace once it is put on sale, he seemed to think shoes could be a possibility, but not much by way of shirting.

I'm excited though!

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

You just mindfucked half the forum

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    3 people like this.
  9. tacobender

tacobender Senior member

TF is tricky on the wholesale order side. If your NM you buy it in stores where you think its going to sell. IE a store with a ton of local and tourist foot traffic. Best example I can tell you is the Chicago store. Sure there are a lot of people who can afford 5700 off the rack for a flashy/stylish suit coming into or living in that market. But how many with that money work in a field where they would want to purchase one?

You buy a size run, and the first to sell are probably 40/42 and an occasion 44 for say a guy who normally takes a 42 but wants more room in the shoulder. The larger and smaller sizes sit there for some time. Depending on if it is a seasonal suit it gets discounted or if its a solid color they think they can sell year round at full price like black/navy it just sits there until sold.

2 people like this.
  10. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

I think 36S would sit if they made more than 2 each season. Those two are sold at retail price for popular brands.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  11. tacobender

tacobender Senior member

Not sure how TF works on the whole sale side, they might be REQUIRED to buy 2 of each size, even though there is clear demand for a 40 or 42...EX they might sell those the first day they put them out and would rather have purchased 6 in that size and non in the 36 or 46. I don't think they work like that, but if your doing a size run, the smallest and largest always sit there longer. I honestly think it comes down to there is a min. amount you produce of something to bring the cost of production in line with what your selling it for, and then in the luxury goods world you have to sell everything or else it just sits there taking up someones space, be it space on the floor at NM, space on the floor in your own stores, or space in your outlet stores...

I was at the etro outlet the other day and curiously asked what happened to stuff that didn't sell there. They told me, oh it sells here and pointed to some accessories that I know for a fact were at least 4 years old. Mind you they are now 75% off the outlet price, which is already 1/2 of the retail price. Mind you they still weren't flying off the shelves.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Woke up still giddy about this.

Carry on.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  13. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

:slayer:

And here i was trying to establish a repoire with a Tom Ford SA, so i can finally be invited to a private sale...

What a fool i was... :facepalm:

14. Ayrton

Ayrton Well-Known Member

I think I wet my pant...

15. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

16. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. ettebe

ettebe Senior member

So now I have a reason to drive down to NY and stop off at Woodbury now. I am happy and mad at the same time.

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

When is Tom Ford going to arrive at Bicester Village, I wonder... can't be long now! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Who wants to bet on prices? $5700 suit for only $3000! When I was in Miami I was looking at the selection a store had of TF there. They were selling a navy blazer for $4500. I don't think I'll ever be able to justify buying TF. Well... if I were a decamillionaire maybe... But OTR TF doesn't even fit me too well. Ug, why did I write this post?

20. hikari013

hikari013 Senior member

I was thinking around $3000 too. That would be keeping with the prices at the Brioni outlet at Woodbury.